datson4life

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This just happened, diff went boom on freeway

CAM03937_zpssg7sitvz.jpg

Dragged driveline for a little bit, glad i didnt loose it, its fresh, but might of damaged it :-\

I promise to not neglect signs of danger anymore lol, gonna move on to red truck, using some of green truck's setup, gonna take it slow, and gonna narrow a pathfider or xterra lsd this time lol

No trash against h190 axles, they hold up good, this one is killing them cause axle angle from lowering is way off, ka has racing clutch and solid mounts, im surprise it held up for a week

That looks like ouch town. You lucked out with it being on that end so you were dragging the driveline. Crazy safety issues man haha. Oh well at least you're good.

• Like 1

Nothing but sharts, no solids yet

how were the first few? I've heard horror stories but since my daughter was in the nice for four days I got to miss out

Congratulations dude. And take flatcats advice, I don't know how many pictures I have of my daughter but I just keep taking more and I don't delete any

• Like 2

Congradulations on the baby. Adorable. Enjoy all the time they grow so fast. Is this your first? Anyways when I had my sidedraft webers I also went with bike velosity stacks and filters. They just looked so much cleaner. Love what your doing. Can't believe all the expense though.

• Like 3

Congradulations on the baby. Adorable. Enjoy all the time they grow so fast. Is this your first? Anyways when I had my sidedraft webers I also went with bike velosity stacks and filters. They just looked so much cleaner. Love what your doing. Can't believe all the expense though.

Thanks dude, yes my first, im still on hunt for velocity stacks

As for expenses it wasnt bad, the itbs were $150, and the mounting and all extra stuff all together maybe around 250, went with it just to put my standalone ecu to use

• Like 1

how were the first few? I've heard horror stories but since my daughter was in the nice for four days I got to miss out

Congratulations dude. And take flatcats advice, I don't know how many pictures I have of my daughter but I just keep taking more and I don't delete any

Thanks

When he sharts u can hear from thr other room, no stench tho :)

Yea tons of pics, i enjoy taking pictures so that doesnt help

• Like 1

The ka when installed sits with a lean back, very close to the firewall, it worked fine on my last swap, but this time im gonna bring up the tail of transmission for a few reasons, for more clearance on firewall, just cause it'll look better, and because ka is front sump and thats where i would like the oil to hang out

CAM00400_zps5w5jinx5.jpg

• Like 2

Oh and blackmarkit started the ka transmission mounts, ill get a picture asap, bolts right up, and i sure they work also on l16 tranny swap to longtail 5 speeds

Are you currently using blackmarkit trans mounts? Or you just know they have them? Reason I ask is because I made up some mounts for my ka tranny. I believe they are partly at fault for the vibrations I feel while driving. At the time I didn't really make them the strongest/best as I wanted but they work still. I'd just like to make them better when I have time or just swap in some good strong ones if the price is right.