Can we periodically change the Ratsun.net banner image?

Just throwing around the idea.... I know that there's a user here with many different models of Datsuns in his signature that are the same style art work

as the 510 in the banner... Can we change it up periodically to liven up the place?

That'd be cool. No stupid BS like on the Facebook page (I know, no  affiliation, just sayin...) But maybe even have it randomly load a different banner ever-so-many logins? 

My vote is to keep the same logo and art-style, just cycle through different models.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just throwing around the idea.... I know that there's a user here with many different models of Datsuns in his signature that are the same style art work

as the 510 in the banner... Can we change it up periodically to liven up the place?

That'd be cool. No stupid BS like on the Facebook page (I know, no  affiliation, just sayin...) But maybe even have it randomly load a different banner ever-so-many logins? 

My vote is to keep the same logo and art-style, just cycle through different models.

It's possible I'm sure. Not sure that it's needed or how much work it would be. I know the layout of the pictures would need to be edited and a new banner designed around each picture as the colors are different on each pic.  

P.S. that member is a moderator here, goes by the handle Fisch and it's all his artwork. You could purchase copies from him and periodically tape a different one to your monitor for some variety. :lol: 

Meh......I'd be more into changing the "crapface blue" border to match the green though....

Also, we try to keep changes to a minimum around here as most members (me included) detest change. The last time we changed the forum layout there was a little bit of an uproar. Not looking forward to the next time it's needed.   :)

• Like 6

Artwork here:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/16727-fischs-art-gallery-and-print-shop/

Being that I'm a Photoshop wiz and used to do graphic design, I'd love to take the responsibility of re-doing some banners that would fit. 

Infact, I'd enjoy it.

If an admin could / would approve, let me know!

Thanks for the complement on my art! We've talked about it cycling different ones. Jeff, Thomas and I never quite got it squared away. I don't do web stuff, but there are little things like the car needs to be able to move depending on how big the window is. Then the randomizing/cycling. Vignetting my stuff isn't hard, photoshop is the bread and butter of my illustration biz. Just us all getting our ducks in a row. So I imagine it will happen someday. I still have a list of datsuns to draw, including the F-10 I started like 4 years ago, lol.

It is actually way further along than this. Just need to finish it.

1977F10mid.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks for the complement on my art! We've talked about it cycling different ones. Jeff, Thomas and I never quite got it squared away. I don't do web stuff, but there are little things like the car needs to be able to move depending on how big the window is. Then the randomizing/cycling. Vignetting my stuff isn't hard, photoshop is the bread and butter of my illustration biz. Just us all getting our ducks in a row. So I imagine it will happen someday. I still have a list of datsuns to draw, including the F-10 I started like 4 years ago, lol.

It is actually way further along than this. Just need to finish it.

1977F10mid.jpg

Hell yeah I been meaning to see you finish it i hope one day you can do a 810!

We've got 2 books illustrated by Scott at our house. Can't remember the name of the 2nd one but it was about a little girl. Is that the one you mean Tristin?

I remember the mockup photos that were posted and it had a girl in a 411. That's all I knew about it.

Totally that book came out Tristin. It is called Lottie Paris and the Best Place. It was the second book in the Lottie Paris series. Did a kid and his sis in a 510. Good memory man!

Archetype, an 810 would be high on my list of wants to draw. Mmmm wagon. But the Coupe might be cool too. I am like Pokemon, gotta catch them all.

LottyFinish8.jpg

• Like 3

Totally that book came out Tristin. It is called Lottie Paris and the Best Place. It was the second book in the Lottie Paris series. Did a kid and his sis in a 510. Good memory man!

LottyFinish8.jpg

I guess I'll have to be on the lookout for that now! This box is headed for my Datsun collectable shelf.

holy shit! Do you have Smoke in your pocket?

Did we both roll out and disappear?

• Like 1