New 2015 Datsun Resolutions. What are YOURS??!!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get the heater working in my 68 510 and my 73 1200 I would also like to get the ac installed in the 1200

Damn dude, you must've froze your ass off on the way home from the last Sac Datsun meeting. It took till prairie city rd for me to warm up.

I started both of mine New Year's Day.  One has flat tires and the other was blocked in.

I had planned to drive back it down the driveway. The '74 has new exhaust and muffler so very quiet. The '76 has no tail pipe. It's all good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Engine bay makeover. L20, shave unneeded holes, paint bay gray/black, redo all light wiring, tuck wires, redo fuel system, fix interior leaks, sound deadening and carpet to make the car enjoyable on long distance trips. Register for JCCS. See you there.

Nice! Gotta deadline set yet? And, what are the things holding you back from finishing all that in, lets say, two weeks or so?...

I resolve to get one of the two running and figure out what to do with the other

Found out I was providing too much gas by way of choke constantly on. Need to replace spark plugs and remount petrol and reservoir tanks and route petrol lines and I should be driving again

Other one I made a tempting offer to a buddy to try to get him into the datsun game and if he doesn't get it I have an idea of where I want to go with it

Oh and go to canby in a Datsun

time off has been requested, not able to be approved until a month prior but I'll be taking it anyways, see above for the in a datsun part
  • Like 1

Found out I was providing too much gas by way of choke constantly on...

So, Hobo, what exactly are the symptoms of this?

Is it TOO MUCH WHITE SMOKE coming out the tail pipe, and perhaps the engine overheating? I have exactly this happening with my 510 (here in SoCal) after it was driving totally fine. I just haven't had the time and $ to look at it but I got a feeling it MAY be the choke, too!

Money.

I wanted to get an L20 in and have the bay redone besides the wiring for the swapmeet but that's not happening. The engine stuff will be done by JCCS.

Bingo.

The good 'ol Benjamins, is what I'm lacking as well! Lol

So, Hobo, what exactly are the symptoms of this?

Is it TOO MUCH WHITE SMOKE coming out the tail pipe, and perhaps the engine overheating? I have exactly this happening with my 510 (here in SoCal) after it was driving totally fine. I just haven't had the time and $ to look at it but I got a feeling it MAY be the choke, too!

White smoke is steam.. steam is indicative of water. Blue/grey smoke is oil, black smoke is too much fuel.

If you're overheating and getting white smoke, you may have a headgasket issue.

• Like 1