'cuz racecar! 1969 Datsun 510 2dr

carterb

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That head has a lot of port work. The cam is a regrind that is supposedly based off a racer brown cam.

The clutch is a roadster unit with only about 1k miles on it. Oil pump is a new KA pump.

Yes it has a homemade cam spray bar. I rebuilt the carbs but the guy I sold it to messed with em so who knows what he did.

The cam is huge, loves to rev, but smoked a little.

That head has a lot of port work. The cam is a regrind that is supposedly based off a racer brown cam.

The clutch is a roadster unit with only about 1k miles on it. Oil pump is a new KA pump.

Yes it has a homemade cam spray bar. I rebuilt the carbs but the guy I sold it to messed with em so who knows what he did.

The cam is huge, loves to rev, but smoked a little.

Thanks for the back story Jeff!

He said he had trouble getting it to idle smoothly.  Maybe the lumpy cam is the reason.

--carter

How much longer till it's out auto crossing with Sam and me?  

If my VG wagon project is anything to go on - there may not be any crude oil left on the earth by the time I get Racecar on the road.  : (

The quickest path between me and your auto-crossing event is Cooper.  I got the CV kit.  I'll swap in an LSD at the same time.  That will help.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, after almost a month of trade offers (guns, tattoos, and a 5.0 mustang convertible), a ridiculously low cash offer of "$1,000 for everything", various other craigslist riff-raff and robots and a number of guys from around the US wanting the car but not liking the shipping costs, a buyer was found in Oregon and a deal was struck for the car as a rolling shell with all the included parts but none of the extras.   It is going to a member of the US Armed Forces stationed in Japan.  He's been shopping for a project to start on when he comes home in October and his friends came and picked it up for him.

I was beginning to think I was going to have to put the car back in storage at the end of my garage and go back to my original plan of building it myself.  This was not ideal as I had committed on buying the car that was to take this one's place on my property.  In the end, I picked up the new car on Saturday and loaded this one on a trailer the following Wednesday.

Good luck with the build guys!

Bye bye Racecar!  I hope you see the road again.

large.888477015_08082018racecarsold(1).J

large.328412723_08082018racecarsold(2).J

large.372793700_08082018racecarsold(4).J

large.1961423090_08082018racecarsold(5).

• Like 2