Ratsun.net is not a Forum. It's an Addiction!

I shall post pictures. I have them on my cell as I speak but aren't able to due to no internet access at this time from home and a tripping cell phone. The Lada is presently a clunker but when I last parked it it was running a strong engine sounding like a trac racer! It had a leaking break cylinder but, I remember I once too a drive with it, almost as it sits right now 2014, up a very long road up a mountain carrying 4 adults. When we reached the top, a gentleman had his heavy 80's Mercedes Benz sitting on the road with his ride broken down so we also pulled him sitting in his clunker, altogether! Hahahah. I was happy with the 1600 Russian which left me in awe! Lol. Thanks, Flatcat19...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada imported the Lada(trouble) back in the '80s? I forget but they were tough, but also shitty. How they passed entry with hardly any emission controls, I don't know.

Lada is on bricks right now, in Central America, of course! Would live to have one here in So.Cal, though!

Ok. Gonna try Full Editor, thisismatt... Or just leave as is! It's an attention getter! Hahahahahahah!

If they are like the Canadian ones you'll NEVER get one.

Datzenmike: Very true. Suspension (las tijeras- spanish for scissors) snapped and you'd get your front wheels layed out flat on the road, is how the story goes. So, you had to reinforce them. But these, I definitely believe, arrives straight from Russia and were strong chassis/frames and engines. Early ones had a single round headlight, and todays latest ones are rectangular- WHICH... HAHAHA, I'd like to use to make a conversion for this one particular 510! [WHOOOOLE different thread/topic]. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back! But... Lets keep something in mind, y'all: OBVIOUSLY we deviated from the MAIN TOPIC ((Lol))- Why Ratsun.net is an Addiction!

With that being said, well, I thought I'd take the time to post my Lada goon's flix, or at least the last ones I took but, are pretty much how it looks right now as it stands. Can it be saved? Yes, with little $$. AND... ... ... Not only that. I actually went on eBay just to see what they had for Ladas and found one, AN ACTUAL ONE, imported from Russia being auctioned in Hialeah,Florida! Common place where them Nicas live. At $8K! :thumbup: Hahahahahah! Any ways, here's the link for that! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Lada-2106-4D-1981-lada-2106-imported-original-from-russia-/181585715946?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a475a22ea&item=181585715946&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

One nice sunny day when I went for a ride with the fam:

[/url]">http://IMGA0658.jpg

[/url]">http://IMGA0657.jpg

On bricks, after the cousins moved it from another location on their property:
[/url]">http://130324_003.jpg

Custom Yakima luggage bag:
[/url]">http://http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/mitarrodefotos/media/Cars/130324_002.jpg.html'>130324_002.jpg

...enjoy.

• Like 1

Here's a fun story about the Lada  and my fam. See how badly uneven the bottom of the driver and passenger side looks, underneath the doors?: Well, one day we decided to visit some of my half sister's relatives located upon a hill in Managua. It was my sister (about 140lbs), bro-in-law (about 165lbs), young nephew (~30lbs), myself (~150lbs) and a friend of my sis' we found on our way who decided to come with us (on the heavy side, about 180-210lbs!). Well, when we got off the main paved road and drove up a dirt road heading up that hill, I decided I really wanted to test the guts out of the Lil Lada-goon! So, I smashed on the gas pedal peeling out with my 4 bald tires, and jetted upwards the really bad and broken dirt road, with deep heavy rain tracks, very loose dirt gravel, and very rocky trail!!! About a quarter of the way up, I realize: I can't go that fast with all those obstacles in the way UNLESS I took the left shoulder, which looked flat, but had very tall green grass; and so I did! And, as soon I got upon that grass, KABOOOOOM!, goes everybody screaming, and flying up in the air inside the wagon when I hit a couple of huge boulders that were hid in the way by the tall, green grass!!! HAAAHAAAA!!!! :rofl:  That thing flew up side ways up in the air and landed flat on the road AND KEPT GOING! :rofl:  I just played it very cool and tried to calm everybody down and told them it was all part of the act- not to panic at all!

That thing HAD GUTS... and fortunately, they weren't spread all over that road at all! :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: Haahaaa!

AWD Lada?

No, the tires were simply bald! I just needed a car bad, when I was down there so it actually became my very own, first car in Nic. I bought it that way! Hahahahahahah! Not sure if they have an AWD version, and I never thought of that, actually! It'd be interesting to know. But, I do know that they make the Lada Niva, which is 4X4. Suzuki Samurai hardtop style, you can say.

Hahahahah. I've driven both, and there's nothing like a 510. But, weren't there a couple of rap addicts back in 1985 who sang a song about them Ladas called, "LaDa Da Di," a hit rap song performed by Doug E. Fresh the beatboxer, and MC Ricky D (later known as Slick Rick)?!! Lol!!!!!

• Like 1

:confused:  Seeing all this is really making me consider this:

Datsun= Poor man's BMW

Lada= Poor man's Datsun??  :angel:

But then, something else came to mind, again- "How Low" can you go?...- Ludacris.  :thumbup: 

Hahaha

So, there's some FORUM addicts on here. I've been one lately- reading informative, fun stuff that we perhaps will never get elsewhere.

Why HERE? :-)

ME, personally, I feel at home here and after posting an ad a while back, I actually finally decided to start my own thread (not intended for the Lada, lol) but to partake of the comm with an interesting subject to talk about-thus adding to the addiction: checking threads more frequently than ever b4, etc, etc...

And, I actually have other neat stories up my sleeve for a later, rightful time.

Hahahahahahahaha!

Just interested in knowing y'all at a deeper, personal perhaps, level- know'umm sayen'?! Lol

:confused:  Seeing all this is really making me consider this:

Datsun= Poor man's BMW

Lada= Poor man's Datsun??  :angel:

But then, something else came to mind, again- "How Low" can you go?...- Ludacris.  :thumbup:[/size] [/size]

Hahaha[/size]

Yugo is poor man's Lada!

• Like 2

Soo... based on your calculations: Ratsun = poor man's Datsun??

-Robert

No waaaay...

To me, Ratsun= Tight community of people who share a common goal/cause in bringing/ keeping/ restoring gold (Datsuns) finds with concern and interest, in their own/ specific/ unique way, etc... Etc...

And, Datsun= A REAL CAR- WHAT A CAR IS SUPPOSED TO BE AND DO (but, particularly the 510 as a reliable daily driver. The Z as a sports car. The rest I haven't driven). I own 3 Datsuns. I know I only mention 1, the Z which has been the first and longest, but I also own 2 510s. One for about 4 years now, and another one in Nicaragua; which are stories I've been reserving for later in the community... and even if I got to choose one car out of all I own, I'd keep the 510 I have here in the States due to its faithfulness, the way it's built, overall, looks, etc., as it is now: in stock, out-of-the-factory condition--- and STILL, would not consider myself a poorman, but rather very FORTUNATE! Their relation to other cars are really pointless to me because they don't offer an endless number of things, some of which I just mentioned. So, no... Lol

A Datsun= a real SMARTMAN'S CAR!!!