POST CARS YOU CANT STAND

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate anything newer than a 1973 anything.

Power windows / cruise control / computers / nav systems / etc have just added to the basic laziness of the human animal. 

I miss the days when Saturday mornings men't dad, and every other guy in the neighborhood, had a Blitz in one hand and a points file in the other. 

People at least had a basic understanding of what they drove.

I hate people that think track days are the are the sign of a true car guy ( or girl ) .

They just repaved the entire length of HWY 47 / 202 from Astoria to Vernonia . All 61 miles of that banked twisty snake. 

Now that's my definition of a track day.....

By the way , my wife drives a Subi. Not the easiest car to work on , but not the hardest either . 

I still hate it . It's a 2010...

times changed, thats life, get on the track.

Sorry guys . Grew up driving 510's and 521's Had many muscle cars. You name it, I'm old. 

Never had a car as fast in a straight line as my 64 Sport Fury Max wedge . Or handle as well as my Bob sharp Z....Well maybe my 72 510. It's been a while.

After that, had a kid, sold the Z. Couldn't strap a car seat in it. ( DUMB ASS ).

Kid that bought it crated it and sent it to VA. Never saw it again.

As to getting on the track: I spent my time on the track.

But mainly I'm a builder.

I like to build old school , fast  cars. 

Nasty trucks. 

And nasty fast bikes...

For my entire life I have been building rides and searching for that perfect road.

I'd call my self an enthusiast .

And Banaha,  ( Captain ) you won't find it behind a fence. Sorry man.

Come to Oregon next spring and run the snake with me, I prommis you a good time.

• Like 1

Fence?

Hey don't temp me as i have been telling Tim i'm coming down/out there for the drive and a good BS for years now.. Maybe we could all go for a spin and what-not this winter. I'm born and raised on the Washington coast so sideways windy rain that hits the side of the house and a loud pounding surf is calming type deal to me.

• Like 1

Fence. As on a track , behind one :thumbup:

Sorry man that comment was ment for the Capt. As I sed. I'm old.....I'm so confused!!!!!! :sick:

You'd be right at home here then .

Vertical rain is a nice day  .

Might get a bit icy in the winter though. It climbs a bit.  Your call. 

I'll put you up in  the man cave...That is , if you need a place to stay.

Another cheap/plastic/fail from GM....

2005-07_Chevrolet_Equinox_LS.jpg

First gen Chevrolet Equinox/Pontiac Torrent.

If you think the outside looks bad, you really need to check out the interior. Seriously- if you see one of these on a used car lot, check out the inside. Not only is it a sea of drab colored, cheap looking plastic, but it looks like something that might have come out of a Soviet auto factory in the early '90's, particularly the door panels. It really is that awful. 

I hate anything newer than a 1973 anything.

Power windows / cruise control / computers / nav systems / etc have just added to the basic laziness of the human animal. 

I miss the days when Saturday mornings men't dad, and every other guy in the neighborhood, had a Blitz in one hand and a points file in the other. 

People at least had a basic understanding of what they drove.

I hate people that think track days are the are the sign of a true car guy ( or girl ) .

They just repaved the entire length of HWY 47 / 202 from Astoria to Vernonia . All 61 miles of that banked twisty snake. 

Now that's my definition of a track day.....

Lol Blitz!!

Thinking like that, might as well be pedantic enough to say riding in cars instead of walking is the beginning of adding to the laziness of the human animal.

We just went on a drive down that route, our annual drive with some crazy fast(not just in a straight line) cars. Good fun.

-Robert

• Like 1

Thinking like that, might as well be pedantic enough to say riding in cars instead of walking is the beginning of adding to the laziness of the human animal.

Yea. But I draw the line at scoopin horse shit. ( Good point though )

I have learned to sore of not trust anything that could be considered computerized on a vehicle, due to problems with these systems. I guess that means I dislike almost everything made since the early 80's to some extent.

• Like 1

OBD is the greatest thing ever invented for cars. Seriously.

Perhaps I am being "Lazy like the human animal" but I prefer a car that tells me what is wrong, and saves me from wasting my time on electronics diagnostic.

Once you use an OBD based stand alone ecu daughterboard, you will never turn back.

It's not so much as what an OBD reader can do for you or even the pure driving experience that all of the modern wizardry alots you. For me it is driving down that twisty road in the middle of absolute know where with the knowledge that if something goes wrong other than throwing a rod through the block I can most likely diagnose and repair it with the few tools I carry in the trunk.

For my entire life I have been building rides and searching for that perfect road.

I'd call my self an enthusiast .

And Banaha,  ( Captain ) you won't find it behind a fence. Sorry man.

Come to Oregon next spring and run the snake with me, I prommis you a good time.

I have to at least make the statement that a "Perfect road" should be one which you can use the full width of without worrying about a car coming the opposite direction at you from a blind turn. A perfect road, should have no speed limits, and no highway patrol or state police risk or presence, a perfect road should be extremely well maintained and have no potholes or bumps. For that reason, a "perfect road" usually has a start and finish line, and is normally found behind a fence.

And I am DOWN, see you in the spring.

I have to at least make the statement that a "Perfect road" should be one which you can use the full width of without worrying about a car coming the opposite direction at you from a blind turn. A perfect road, should have no speed limits, and no highway patrol or state police risk or presence, a perfect road should be extremely well maintained and have no potholes or bumps. For that reason, a "perfect road" usually has a start and finish line, and is normally found behind a fence.

And I am DOWN, see you in the spring.

Evidently you were not privy to the beautiful roads of Montana when they had repealed the speed limit and replaced it with "drive as fast as you can without killing yourself or someone else". It was a fun time. 1000's of miles of well maintained roads without a speed limit.

I am really getting tired of this "real enthusiasts" crap. I have driven pretty much every major road in the USA and a few broken down roads in Mexico, also I found myself privileged to grace the roads deep into Canada.

I now find myself being reduced to only being able to sit in my Datsun to start it every week, at least until the Doc clears me to drive again.

You are know one else is going to tell me if I am OR NOT a true enthusiast.