HAKO GT-R Fetches $242,000 @ Monterey Auction

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God, that car just looks sooo right.  Needs a little lower and more camber, but still, the overall shape.  I wish they had brought those stateside.  Of course, then it wouldn't be as holy.  Still.  The proportions of everything on that car are just right.

It's nice and all but just an investment like art really. A trophy. A rich man's toy more prized for it's dollar value than history. If not enjoyed for what it really is, it should be in a museum. Makes a similar year and value HEMI 'Cuda pale in comparison doesn't it?. 

On one hand it's nice to see J-tin getting some recognition. On the other hand, it completely sucks for the vast majority of us Japanese fans. The prices of all J-tin keep going up, and eventually it will out-price the guys who started the whole thing. I'm glad we have 3 nice 510's, because we wouldn't be able to buy any now in similar condition at current prices. The value of mine has gone up at least 6-fold since I bought it back in 96. I have a beautiful 280zx turbo as well, and even those prices have started to climb for the nice ones.