What did you do to your 620 today?

mcordero8

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brake flush done.  Some fuel line routing done.  Received 4 Datsun books and timing chain tool in mail today.  Wiped out and looking forward to working on my 620 some on Wednesday and Thursday.  Cash flow is running low, so things are slowing a bit, but should be very productive labor wise.  Pics up later in the week.  Time to do some Datsun education and get ready for work...

Removed bed yesterday, cab removed this afternoon. Just finished removing the fuel and brake lines. Meanwhilw fucked up the forward driver line...Still have to remove the e-brake cables and the rear lines and will start pressure washing this dirty bitch ;)

14B2B087-27C2-43F5-8D4B-34E2F14325C1_zps

55FA8109-C089-4AD8-889E-2AEB937ADB2F_zps

Painted repaired grill that's a temporary replacement for my really nice '76 grill that will be put on after my truck gets painted a ways down the road.  Gloss black surrounds and grill teeth with the rest satin black.  Cure time for the paint wasn't as quick as advertised so you can see the finish on the gloss got worked over by the masking tape.  By no means perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it.

http://Ratsun%20grill%20photo%202.jpg

http://Ratsun%20grill%20photo%201.jpg

http://Ratsun%20grill%20photo%203.jpg

• Like 1

Yea im messing with some cardboard now seeing what i can get away with. Windshield wiper motor is the only real obstruction. But should be able to get something just big enough for the sub. It is a shallow mount at 3 5/8". So i should be able to make it work. As a matter of fact. I will make it work. 

• Like 2

Dismantled the rear end on my spare truck. Wanted to avoid welding but...maaaann is there a lot of work just to remove the brake cables!...Shoulda sticked with welding but oh well...

62D8303B-6002-4939-B561-9620D1B8F3C5_zps

Also removed the missing spare tire mechanism for my project

While at it, I gutted the driver side brake assembly. Pressure washed the old gunk out. Will clean up the internals tomorrow, inspect and grease the bearing? and paint the backing plate

I accidentally hammered a hole in my radiator.. So if anyone has a spare near in socal let me know lol

IMG_20150425_133644_zpsd9lgyqgg.jpg

.......................................really?

Finally installed fuel tank and brackets!  All new hoses and grommet in crossmember.  Took longer than expected, but hey it's not on a lift and it's tight getting under that sucker!  Also installed black two tone grill last night.  Next week it goes to the exhaust shop!!!

Finally installed fuel tank and brackets!  All new hoses and grommet in crossmember.  Took longer than expected, but hey it's not on a lift and it's tight getting under that sucker!  Also installed black two tone grill last night.  Next week it goes to the exhaust shop!!!

Thanks for those pics.  I knew I was missing a bracket.  I guess I'll have to make one.

Thanks for those pics.  I knew I was missing a bracket.  I guess I'll have to make one.

Bottom and 2 outside are fuel tank.  Center is vent canister in wheel well. Top is license plate bracket.  All should be available at a salvage yard for pennies compared to the pain of fab.  Let me know which one you need and I'll keep an eye out for it.

Just ordered this... http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_36298_Rockford-Fosgate-R2SD4-10.html

Thinking under the dash, or behind seat. I know its not very nice. But its cheap. Should be here in a few days. I need some more sound in my truck!

I think mounting this in place of the parcel tray would be perfect.

• Like 1

I think mounting this in place of the parcel tray would be perfect.

Yea i saw it few weeks ago in another members truck. It really didnt look too out of place the way he did his. Should be here Friday, hope to have it built and making noise this weekend.

• Like 1