What did you do to your 620 today?

mcordero8

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying out this stuff I found on the internet to recover the dash.  It's called  Styrospray 1000.  It's a liquid plastic used to cover foam.  It dries fairly stiff so I don't know how resistent it will be to being banged.  After the first coating I wished I had used an airless spray gun instead of brushing it on.  It does some self leveling, but not enough to make me happy.  Part of it was I made it to thick, but that's kind of how it goes, trying stuff out for the first time.  The good news is it can be sanded smooth so I have more sanding to do before I touch up the edges.

I'll post picture when I get a chance.  After I get it smoother enough I plan to use plasti-dip paint to give it some texture. 

• Like 4

haha. I am not gonna deny that I actually spent 100 with shipping. It is such a rare find that I justified it. Im not regretting it now that its looking all purty.

Whoa. Wait.... WHAT?!

$100 for a delete plate?! That's just absolutely insane. I would have just given you one of my spares........

• Like 2

Trying to get to the bottom float screw to touch up the float level itself and the line on the glass, I pushed down one of my points in the distributor which turned out to be my problem not starting.

• Like 2

Whoa. Wait.... WHAT?!

$100 for a delete plate?! That's just absolutely insane. I would have just given you one of my spares........

lol. i know. i know. i sold my pathfinder rims for 400 so I did it. i cracked out on a delete plate.....i would of loved one of your spares.

Stuff on ebay has been going crazy. I cracked beat bezel went for $127

when theres a guy like me with the only king cab on an island in the middle of the pacific. no junk yards and I am more likely to get bit by a shark than find 620 parts. I tend to crack out. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.   :w00t:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

put some green LEDs in my dash (they look to bright in this pic but they are perfect) and upgraded my alternator to a 140A internally regulated one from Datsunstore.com

No more dimming lights and my two 10in subwoofers aren't robbing my electricity.DAD9A894-5C45-4D78-AF3B-ABD767473364.jpg

where did you get a hub that fits your Datsun? I have been looking to purchase one, thanks
  • Like 2