What did you do to your 620 today?

mcordero8

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First drive ever with her. It was awesome!

Also, discovered that there was still some air in the brakes. That was....exciting.

Yes, those nasty fake vents are coming off. Focus has been on getting her running, so I didn't really think about them until I looked at the picture, haha

eWX0aEi.jpg

• Like 3

First drive ever with her. It was awesome!

Also, discovered that there was still some air in the brakes. That was....exciting.

Yes, those nasty fake vents are coming off. Focus has been on getting her running, so I didn't really think about them until I looked at the picture, haha

eWX0aEi.jpg

The autozone special vents thats 10+ hp right there

• Like 1

First drive ever with her. It was awesome!

eWX0aEi.jpg

i remember you saying you were gonna try using a putty knife to get those off, if you have fishing line around use that instead please, it'll help save your paint

• Like 2

+1 on the fishing line........... AND...........  WD40 will remove any adhesive without hurting the paint as well.

i remember you saying you were gonna try using a putty knife to get those off, if you have fishing line around use that instead please, it'll help save your paint

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Late with posting pictures, installed my weber carburetor over the summer but didn't do much till a week ago.  After a failed attempt at making an egr block plate I decided to go back with the original egr valve.  I cleaned it up and painted.  Truck will start and run well once again, although it needs a good tune.  

IMG_6901_zpsaw03nbna.jpg

IMG_6904_zps1ad9jq7d.jpg

IMG_6903_zpsvxmczpje.jpg

IMG_6902_zpsy3hk2emi.jpg

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally bought one. 1977 620 L20b. Drove it 1.5hrs home. Started dying when its in neutral and stopped. I'm thinking its the fuel filter or possibly junk in the carb messing with the float.

Datsun_zps7srtqoj0.jpg

DatsunEngine_zpslcvgxz4q.jpg

Got a new shifter on since the orginal one was falling off and put a sticker on. Had to order the brake parts, so I'll be doing that and lowering it on saturday.

DatsunSticker_zpso5xurael.jpg

• Like 5

Spent this past week doing some things to the truck. Outside of troubleshooting why it won't start.

Started with new drum brakes in the rear. I'll be doing the front tomorrow along with bleeding the system.

Brakes_zpscmxxh74w.jpg

Then Changed out the spark plugs. Still deciding if I want to replace the wires too.

SparkPlugs_zpsleun7q9c.jpg

Then plulled the starter. I'll be getting the new one and ignition cylinder tomorrow. Hopefully that fixes my problem.

Starter_zpsvy1hdysh.jpg

My lowering blocks came in early, so I threw those on last night. Not all the bolts stick through the provided nuts, which worries me a little. It was the belltech kit 6202(?) same one a few people on here have gotten. Anyone else have that happen?

LoweringBlock_zps0avq4ptn.jpg

Sitting at 14in all around from center hub to bottom on the fender.

Lowered_zpsdvcaafdi.jpg

• Like 6

been a heatwave down here in melbourne

too hot for beach and too damn sunny to be in the pool so i did the redneck spa with my kids

12540852_1190286740999740_32541331135616

12512535_1190293470999067_70139840977876

12540957_1190295574332190_91932673274982

12540957_1190295574332190_91932673274982

12494824_1190296504332097_92187805178753

they love it when i fill the truck up,  we did it last summer too

• Like 5

Cool pictures. Nice looking family. These pictures remind me of when I was a little kid and loved being in the bed of my Dads 620.

I'm making family memories with my kids,  my eldest is 10 and she already wants a mini truck