J13 Pistons

finney

Hey guys,

Hoping that someone can help me out fairly quickly.

I am currently getting my J13 rebuilt and have stumbled upon a little problem. I have 2 blocks and both have a ridge within the bore. I can not for the life of me or my engine builder find any oversize pistons. Is there anything else I can use or that has been used? I notice the A12 has the same size bore and there are plenty of options available.

Does anyone know if the MGB pistons will fit with a overbore option?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

J13 (standard)

Bore 2.874

Stroke 3.0551

J15 (standard)

Bore 3.0710

Stroke 3.0550

The J15 has larger valves and carburetor to accommodate the larger combustion chamber.

Keith

Does anyone know if the J15 has the same gudgeon pin diameter as the j13?

If thinking to overbore that's about 4.6mm

• 2 weeks later...

Call Arias pistons and they can make a set for you. They have cad model for .060 over with about 1/2 lb increase compression. Little baby pop-ups. Running set in my truck now. Making smaller size is a breeze. A12 pistons are dished top and will lower your comp. these thing are already gutless without lowering the comp.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you end up finding any Finney? I think I found a place in NZ that has them in .01, .02, .03 and .04. I havnt called or contacted them to confirm, this is just off an internet PDF.

Let me know if you want the info.

( I have a 411 wagon in Adelaide that im just starting to rebuild. I have most of the parts but the engine was left outside and will need a rebuild so im likely going to bore things out too. )

Paul