New to me 1200 is finally home

powerbench

Holy crap , I finally have the newest member of the family home.....I have her tucked away for safe keeping for a few weeks before she can be brought into my driveway for the major inspection and discovery of what she needs to make her driveable.....20 some years waiting.      imagejpg1_zpsd322bedf.jpg

imagejpg2_zps03fd94c3.jpg

imagejpg4_zps8a8dd480.jpg

I totally want to thank Mike  aka  (exit64 ) for getting in touch with me and working with me and getting her home. I brought her thru the border and got a couple of different coments ( some positive, some questioning if I was fucking nuts to want something like this) Border services just scratched there heads about the value , and if I was on the up and up.....The lady just said," I can't tell if thats a good price or not , becuase prices are all over the map" . I told her yes they are , and yes it's a good price for me ...She asked me why i wanted it , and i told her becuase.......DATSUN ...thats why.

• Like 3
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The plans so far , are to keep an  a12 /5spd in it with some mods and finish off the  body work ...I want to keep it simple but fun..Once i have it cleared for inspection, I will lower it( not sure how yet ......springs or coil overs ) ...i just want to have some fun with it . The car left Cali awhile ago . I bought it out of Hood River Oregon

I  got really lucky with this car so far. Not much rust to deal with ( small hole in the floor and a little pin hole mid way up the quarter on the drivrs side.....and fix some small dents on the fenders. I have the grill and the vents for the cowl ....I have a spare motor that redbanner sold to Mike( or sold to somebody who sold it to Mike) , with a 63a dogleg.Mike said,( and I read it on here somewhere while checking info on the car ) , that the motor went really well.....( better than a regular 1200 would) ...I had to take the motor out of the truck when i got home from picking the car up this week end ( and it came with a top end kit ) , so i cracked it open to see if it was anything special....Looks like a pretty fresh rebuild ( lots of cross hatch in the cylinders , 75mm pistons, head is super clean with brozne guides and newer push rods...Took the tranny off , and it looks like a fairly new clutch and pressure plate....I'm going to stick it on one of my motor stands tonight and pop the pan off and check bearings and shit....Looks like a quick clean up and paint job and re gasket it ...I might just plug this in the car and run it. The car also came with a dual carb intake and a factory tach...and all the insurance cards from 72 to 85 i believe.

imagejpg1_zpsa477e13c.jpg

imagejpg5_zpsaf0984d4.jpg

imagejpg2_zps81c40588.jpg

imagejpg6_zps544939a1.jpg

imagejpg7_zps98cd8e88.jpg

imagejpg4_zps50c5ec3c.jpg

imagejpg9_zpse87097e9.jpg

imagejpg8_zps95e139dc.jpg

imagejpg10_zps12ad77f3.jpg

Are they Western hurricanes?

Maybe.  there was one others that were similar to that, i had a set and i forget what they were called.  The ones i had were kinda rare, to bad they were sold under false information (not correct datsun lug pattern, rare mazda rx7 instead)

The car is still at my secret hidden spot, but I'm bringing little bits and pieces home.......beer+time+ rattle cans+ beer = grill

]imagejpg2_zps73890865.jpg[/url]

Gonna do the side vents and the rear emblem .....and some little things here and there.

• Like 4

Thanks for all the encouragement gentlemen.I think Canby , or Blue lake might be stretching it time wise. I'm knee deep in a frame swap with my 68 GMC right now , and found a few issues with the 1200 that I would need to address before going thru inspections ....And unlike my old 1200' this one is my keeper, so I'm not going to risk screwing this one up. I had some time between cutting out a crossmember from my truck to clean and treat my factory floor mats......They have a couple of stains but cleaned up pretty well.imagejpg2_zps66052b40.jpg[/url]

• Like 1

Every TuneUp and repair part is available in USA. Performance parts too. Body parts not available.

Morrisun (Doug) was able to order and receive a brand new hood from a local dealer in Oregon a few months back for around $300.