New to me 1200 is finally home

powerbench

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to keep hijacking, but I asked Courtesy Nissan and they say it's still available. Waiting on a price now...

Called Maita Nissan in Sacramento, CA. and the first thing that the parts dept person said was "We don't order parts directly from Japan, only what is in the US warehouse's." He closed with saying that was their policy, and that others may order the part, but such a low volume item is not feasable, or profitable enough to keep around. So there it is: supply and demand.  B)

So did he order one from the USA warehouse?

No, according to him: "There are none available in the U.S. from the warehouse" they are special order from Japan. This is one dealer which does not speak for them all. I spoke to Morrisun and he ordered and received his from a Nissan dealer last May. Looks like the dealers are very selective, and it helps to buy from the same dealer who will agree to order specialty items from Japan.

That's because its the same part as the 1990s sunny truck. Any part the same is still available. That means engine, body, etc.

Jeff bought a new windshield last year.

The Nissan Sunny B140 Pickup (Bakkie) was manufactured by Nissan up until 2008 in South Africa. Lots of good stuff still available. :thumbup:

The Nissan Sunny B140 Pickup (Bakkie) was manufactured by Nissan up until 2008 in South Africa. Lots of good stuff still available

How do you order parts for the Bakkie?  I would like to order new parts for my Aussie 1200 ute located in the USA.  The only parts I seem to find are stuff for the Coupe and Sedan (B110) since the Ute (B120) was not made in the USA.

Call Nissan South Africa. Seriously. That's what dattodude and the Texas ute guy did.

USA Nissan dealers don't have the Japan or ZA catalog. They can special order part numbers but few know how to do it.

Any ute part that is common to the coupe & sedan can still be ordered by USA dealers because it shows up in the USA catalog -- for example the hood.

• 10 months later...

Few things done.....I've been swamped at work , and had to deal with a few add ons with my truck . I made some  new door cards and found some material that kind of gave a nod to the diamond pattern in a  Z car so i went ahead and got to it.

imagejpg1_zps96d142d2.jpg

[imagejpg4_zps0be52f51.jpg[/url]

imagejpg2_zpsba43d51b.jpg

imagejpg4_zps0be52f51.jpg

• Like 2