74 bullet bagged and stock floored

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaoss I thought I might bump into you on here ive stumbled across your build thread many times when I was messin around on google.. but sadly I didnt take any pictures of the chassis before I put the body on but after work im planin on putting up a bunch of pics. As for the clutch I did not move it I just tubbed right up close to it and ill measure the tires tonight .

• Like 3

Kaoss I thought I might bump into you on here ive stumbled across your build thread many times when I was messin around on google.. but sadly I didnt take any pictures of the chassis before I put the body on but after work im planin on putting up a bunch of pics. As for the clutch I did not move it I just tubbed right up close to it and ill measure the tires tonight .

What was the frame built out of? I bet my front wheels are wider than yours, and that is why my clutch has to be moved. I'm jealous of how flat your floor board is, mine didn't turn out like that all. Good looking truck! 

Thanks everybody here are a few pics I got off a little later tonight so it was getting dark so I couldnt get any pics of the front or up under the truck.. ill be off earlier tomorrow and get some good detail cause honestly the biggest issue on the whole build was the steering it was such a pain in the ass it took so many trys and was the last thing needed to be drivable

20140408_201050_zps3a39b883.jpg 20140408_201030_zpscd9352c4.jpg Backhalf

20140408_202153_zpse2583f87.jpg The tub for the fire wall near clutch

20140408_202253_zpsc1d807ad.jpg The notch in the floor forr the z wish I diddnt have too, but no it doesnt interfere with the pedals you cant even tell its there

• Like 1

whoa! 

another local datsun! theyre coming out of the wood work over here...

was this on CL a while back? i swear ive seen it somewhere before..

ya man its nice to see someone from around here on here! What datsun do you have maybe ive seen it around I keep a pretty close eye out. And nope its never been on CL ive owned it for ten years

• Like 1

Ya I actually just bought the plates for mine too starting to just work the bugs out I tried to build this truck to be simple and really usable so nothing extremely crazy with it.. but here are some pics of some more of the good stuff

20140409_094113_zps8df666c8.jpg 20140409_094152_zpsb77e1ab0.jpg My front getup

20140409_094212_zps43cc5582.jpg My 510 steering box and column conversion

20140409_094252_zps702130e0.jpg The Z and plate up front

• Like 1

And ya factory521 AC unit gives me 7 gallons 200psi inlik a minute and a half or so

this is why i wanna switch all my bagged vehicles to york ... they fill tanks in a minute... my mazda has two viairs and take about 4 minutes to refill 17 gallons of air .....gott figure out how to run a york in my tahoe with a/c i dont wanna remove........ thinking a york under the floor run off a belt to the driveline... but im already pinched for space

The steering I found it was easiest to change thevbox rather than convert the column with a knuckle(I tried that witha brand new weld on steering knuckle). I used a 510 box but also learned that a b210 and 610 both have a box with the same bolt width as the 620 but they have a sealed box with a knuckle already in the column. Since the cars steering rack is closer to the wheel than a truck I just sleeved the column rod and stretched it. 20140409_155329_zps0096285e.jpg

this is how I built the arm I had to heat the 510 half up and bend it the right angle. I beveled and welded it up and then gusseted each side and welded it super strong

• Like 2