1600 sss build to max power possible

hi guys

im still new and joined recently because i got a 1600 sss motor for free and doesnt really have the knowlege

of building datsun performance motors. need help with what will fit and what not to build a max performing 

motor, i dont care about running race fuel or whatsoever, just need a race motor that will outrun a toyota 1800 t3 dohc motor.

im gonna put the motor in a small toyota 1200 pick up body, will post pics.

so basicly i need a q/mile race motor that wil outrun my brothers toyota t3 in  small nissan 14oo pick up body on a q/ mile.

money doesnt matter on this one, just need the KW.

Any help plz???????

any pistons

rods

head mods

exaust

crank,

flywheel

cam

distributor

carbs- its got twin su carbs on now

intake

valve springs

anything to gain max power to kick some toyota ass on a q/mile

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't promise this will make it faster than the Toyota, but here's a sort of high performance list. I suggest you get a l20 block. The more displacement, the better power youre going to get

l20 block bored out to 89mm

Custom forged flat top of bulged pistons

That SSS head

z22 crank

6 inch rods

Huge racing cam

Fully port the head

Comp intake

44mm+ carbs

stahl header

Comp oil pan

4.6 ratio R180 LSD

Theres a lot of choices for transmissions

Matchbox distributor or crank fire.

If you have deep pockets you can buy some nice performance upgrades from Kameari

Racing flywheel approx 11 pounds

That would be for a NA motor. Im sure you could get more power if you turbo it and convert it to fuel injection, but it will take so much money to do this that you could build a monster SR20 for probably less.

• Like 1

You will run out of money before you beat the Toyota 1800.  This coming from a guy who HATES Toyota with a passion.  (The only way is boost, and lots of it.)  Force feed the 1600 and you will outrun the Toyota, but without time and money, you may also blow it up.

My spend an insane amount of money, to build an engine, to entertain a bet that your friend knew you were gonna lose?

And why go though the work to fit this thing into your Toyota. 

You could do a more creative, and faster, build for less. 

22R-Es are cheap and plentiful. 

I was thinking an l18 crank, rods and forged pistons, get the head done and shaved, maybe go up to 14 to 15 to 1 compression, twin 45mm s/drafts

Mother of god were you planning on switching to diesel with that compression? New Ford powerstrokes are 15:1

You can build a 200 horse l16 but it will only last 10 races tops

I have quoted this before.  A comment from the former chief mechanic on the Datsun USA race team.  :"It's amazing what you can do to an engine if it only has to last an hour and a half,"  He was talking about the race preped original 240Z engines that the Datsun USA race team competed.

My aiming point is 650kg if all the stuff is cut out and fiberglassed and ready, can you help me with some guidelines ggzilla for building the motor, I just want to keep the l16 block and sss head, the rest I will change