What are you listening to???

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After all these years I'm still finding new to me, Marley hits. The back up singers and the bass player in this band are under appreciated by most. But those Marley songs wouldn't be as great without their contributions IMO.

"Pimpers Paradise"(1980) by Bob Marley.

"Misty Morning"(1979) by Bob Marley.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 2

Here's a song a friend of mine played last night. I was feeling the effects of alcohol and second hand smoke so it sounded extra good. I do like a song with a funky groovy bass line like this 👌

"So Young"(2017) by band "Portugal The Man".

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 2
On 5/13/2024 at 9:18 AM, paradime said:

Gracias IZRL, me gusta que nos lleves a la escuela al estilo español. La escena de Ska Mexicana está de moda, y Dust In The Wind en español fue un buen toque. I'll admit, my Spanish grammar sucks. I had to use Google for this so I didn't slaughter it like the disléxica gringo that I am.

I'm not sure if you recall I mentioned that I was going to go to one of my bucket list Spanish Ska/rock band's concert years ago. But I got sick the day before the show and I couldn't make it? Well I got to thinking I better go see them before they split up again (They split up once before). Well just picked up some tickets today and we're going to see them in Mexico in November 🤘. The band is "Los Fabulosos Cadillacs".

bFNnQ2p.jpg

"Mal Bicho" by the band "Los Fabulosos Cadillacs" , Here's another song from this band

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, IZRL said:

"The Chain" Fleetwood Mac

Los Fabulosos Cadillac ✔️ Just don't get sick this time mi amigo. 

My Sicilian buddy Gregorio Scafidi got 2 tickets for Fleetwood Mac from his older brother who won them on KGB Radio. It was back in 1977 when Rumors had just came out. We were 13 and it was the first rock show I'd ever been to. Here's my favorite song on this album.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, paradime said:

Los Fabulosos Cadillac ✔️ Just don't get sick this time mi amigo. 

My Sicilian buddy Gregorio Scafidi got 2 tickets for Fleetwood Mac from his older brother who won them on KGB Radio. It was back in 1977 when Rumors had just came out. We were 13 and it was the first rock show I'd ever been to. Here's my favorite song on this album.

Dang that's a good point hahaha...need to start myself on a daily regimen of vitamins🤞 😆.

Fleetwood Mac has some songs with complicated finger pickin style guitar in them that I really like. I grew up playing a few different styles of guitar (Metal, Rock, Early Mexican Ballads). But about 4 years ago I heard Chet Atkins & Doc Watson play and I just had to try and learn that finger pickin style guitar. It's harder than it looks.

I transcribed to Guitar Tablature, the Tommy Emmanuel version of "Windy and Warm" & Doc Watson "Deep River Blues" songs below. Then I took on the task of trying to learn them. It usually takes me a week max to learn a song. but it took me a month to learn 1/2 of Tommy's Windy and Warm. Then once the fingers on your right hand get used to playing that style it gets easier. Doubt anyone will like these songs but I'll post them anyway.

"Windy and Warm" played by Tommy Emmanuel.

"Deep River Blues", by Doc Watson

"House of the Rising sun, Winy & Warm, Mr. Sandman" version by Chet Atkins

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 3