Feeler: 89MM L20B Headgaskets

Radim

Had these made for my personal engine build, but I'm trying to gauge interest in these headgaskets, hoping Ya'll would help.

They're 89MM Bore (Stroker 2.3 and LZ Hybrid Motors) No more splicing Z22/24 Gaskets.
Had them custom made but now that after months of blueprinting a good prototype is finally here.
These come in composite, MLS, or even Copper

Composite gaskets will run around 60USD
Multi-layered steel will run about 250-300 (Can do custom thicknesses as well)
Thanks guys!
Here's it laid on a stock bore L20B block
Nismo doesn't make these gaskets anymore, and those fetched a pretty penny!

IMG_7846_zps39e6a302.jpg

IMG_7844_zps68c362d0.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

60 bucks s your cost you the cost to sell to us.

60$ is a good price.

You might have to buy the 1st lot of gaskets as people need them. as I have some 87mm gaskets and sold only maybe 2 and the other was givin away.Thats is 5 yrs or more.

Maybe the guys on the 510realm can help. or have TopEnd performance buy the lot or Troy Ermish. Or Dave on Eastcoast carry them for us when needed

• Like 1

That is our plan to buy the first lot. No group buys but we are putting the feelers out to see if it is a project that should get the green light or pushed aside. If we do continue we will have composite gaskets on hand ready to ship within a few weeks. MLS gaskets is another animal those are custom made and will take about 4-6 weeks each.

They're made for a 89mm big bore build but you might be able to get away with 88.5 bore.

Bore can be adjusted if needed and we get enough orders in the other bore size.

Im doing 87.5mm pistons and the NISMO is 88mm so it was pretty close to perfect. So if you can do the same for less I would definitely be interested.

wish i had seen this a few weeks ago, i was looking for an MLS gasket... obviously no one really makes them. I went ahead and bought a NISMO gasket. I am not sure why people are saying that Nismo doesnt make them anymore... i just went to the dealer and had my parts guy order one directly from nismo. it was like $92 after tax and shipping from midwest.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard from this guy? Or heard about these gasket?

I haven't got my block yet but I don't have a gasket in line for the LZ2.3

and I'd like to get everything together..

I've pmd Radim a few times but nothing as come of it.

I also see he hasn't been on for a while .. March 10th.

However I know life get in the way..

I was thinking about getting two even...

I mean the market seems to be out there.. No?

I don't know. Most everyone now days wants some lame ass engine swap. SR,KA,FJ        FU :rofl:

I think the few of us that like the good ol L20 are a dying breed.

I don't know. Most everyone now days wants some lame ass engine swap. SR,KA,FJ        FU :rofl:

I think the few of us that like the good ol L20 are a dying breed.

Yeah...nothing like the call of an LZ screaming down the highway...... :w00t:

That said.....

HG looks good....but.....won't work though for people who have already drilled coolant holes into the Z deck.

Yeah...nothing like the call of an LZ screaming down the highway...... :w00t:

That said.....

HG looks good....but.....won't work though for people who have already drilled coolant holes into the Z deck.

Yeah man. Twin carbs sucking rocks off the pavement..

Fuck if only the machine shop was done with my fucking block... Almost three months now... He's told me a few times he had a rush order from car dealerships??? What?? Your a machine shop... So I'm still waiting for my z22.. And ka pistons on z22 rods...

So no holes in my block...

I can't wait to fire it up after I drop it in the 521!!! Fuck can't wait!!

But I don't know what to do really about a gasket.. Z24 gasket? But what's needs to be done to it? Mhmm I'll look it up. I have a few times just seen a few different things about it... Couls have not looked hard...

Maybe it was a picture I couldn't see of your sealik but IDk.