• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Run the best gas you can afford and set the timing accordingly. Just below pinging. Get used to it and thewn try an octane boost and adjust your timing again. Now decide is or was the boost worth the bother. Only way to be sure.

Try manifold vacuum and adjust the initial timing so it doesn't ping. Vacuum advance has no effect on full throttle but a lot on part throttle. Makes the car easier to drive and brings the mileage way up.

I only have one port on the manifold, it's being used by the EGR at the moment, and that only draws from one carb. I believe that would give an unsteady signal. Plus aren't matchboxes setup for ported vacuum not manifold vacuum. doesnt it give the opposite effect? 

I only have one port on the manifold, it's being used by the EGR at the moment, and that only draws from one carb. I believe that would give an unsteady signal. Plus aren't matchboxes setup for ported vacuum not manifold vacuum. doesnt it give the opposite effect? 

No, it will work close to the same. Will idle more advanced and have a little more advance on part throttle than ported (than on a stock setup) but would be good.

No, it will work close to the same. Will idle more advanced and have a little more advance on part throttle than ported (than on a stock setup) but would be good.

so I could sacrifice the EGR and drill and tap the other runner. you say it's worth it. Assumptively I could retard timing at the dizzy to compensate.