I want another one....

ArmlessMechanic

So my first 521 was bought a year and 4 days ago. Since then I've bought and sold another one while working on the first. The thing is that everytime I work on my truck I sit on the bench seat that isn't bolted down, grab the wheel of a truck on jack stands and pretended to actually drive. In the entire time that I've owned the truck it has yet to move under it's own power. I've been lurking and found a couple 521s with engine swaps and bagged already for under $5k each. My primary mode of transportation now is my yamaslammer r6. I want something fun to drive as well that won't take too much to get it going.

Option 1: bagged, linked, shaved, rotary motor and tranny don't think its turbo, clean interior, Titan 18"s, lays frame, no rust, total ratsun.

Needs: radiator, plumbing, wiring and bags for the front.

00q0q_5cLKQ4BtAwP_600x450.jpg

Option 2: bagged, 15x8s, also lays frame, KA24DE

Needs: transmission

01616_8hG2ue77szj_600x450.jpg

Either way I'm am going to have to work on whatever I get and I will still have 2 trucks that don't run. Easiest fix would be the second one because I already have an SR transmission that I'm not using. The first one I like better. Maybe Mr Big can weigh in on this since he loves to buy datsunz.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an opinion you may not like, but there might be some truth behind it.

The farther you take a Datsun, or any car away from stock, you lose reliablity, durablility, and ease of wotking on it.  It will become more "high" maintainence.

Datsun engineers and designers did a pretty good job of making a good high quality economical car, or truck.

• Like 1

So heres my opinion,Armless you like spending money and you can do it yourself to,plus plus in my book,i have seen the slammed 1 in person his name is Johnny and his welds are really really nice,rotarys are easy to get parts first of all and there is shops up the ass in so cal Racing beat for starters,the truck needs work to finish but it is a great canvas to start,after losing those titan wheels though.lol.It has no dash last time i seen it,but you could work with Johnny to finish it up for you.That truck is low,now the other truck is not a bad truck itself but its got a KA,and sorry but no love for them because there dime a dozen,and i said it before horsepower is easy to make in this day and age,thats why i went with the FJ20 because its a older motor that still people and i am going to say trip out over when you pop the hood.I dont now why the damm bold is still on.lol

• Like 1

I can say I have never met Johnny, but he sure can weld, he's a freaking artist.

If I had a choice between the two, I would go with Johnnys, I would lose the wheels myself, but you could take the wheels off at a show, I give you one guess at what everyone would be looking at.

Everything on that truck has been done to perfection, no short cuts that I read about, but I only can comment on what I read.

• Like 2