Datsun 510 Rear Drop Spindles

torqued

Hello All,

I am currently toying with the idea of ( I know they wouldn't be called drop spindles but cannot think of a better name to refer to them)

I am in the hunt for more low but retain suspension travel,

I have cut up a set of rear arms and moved the hub assembly upwards in the arm 2inchs on the arm.

My hope is to get the car low as possible but retain some suspension travel.

This will also help in keeping the arms level.

Am i complicating this? and all i need is low bump stops and coil overs? or do you think there will be benefit in doing this?

I kinda need to get his to be right the first time as i am running big wheels which require a guard massage to fit.

Subject i know covered 100times but cannot find any info relating to someone cutting up arms.

Any thoughts help Etc greatly appreciated.

Pic for interest. No springs sitting on bump stops. Aiming for that height but with travel

dPdgQSi.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers and Thanks people,

@datzenMike. In regards to the geometry. I think you are right that it will not affect the angles. Like it will still have the same swing angle, just from a higher point.

I have a Datsport rear adjustable frame so that will tidy up Toe, ETC

I think i might go down this route see what happens. If interested I will keep you updated. Will be about 6months off a road test tho.

• 3 weeks later...