Datsun parts off old Forklifts

Dear Rat world,

Just made an amazing discovery. Recently bought an old TCM forklift with nissan motor and realized alot of the parts are interchangable with my 1973 521pick up ( L-16. )

Old Forklift yards are goldmines for Datsuns. 

Also people will pay you to get rid of them. Beats pick and pull for some things.

My new propane Ratsun forklift runs sooo smooth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dig this. What parts specifically do you think you might swap? Any plans to power your truck with the bottled stuff?

This forklift has the stock l-16 fan blade, radiator, distributer, way cool carb covers, the engine is an (  H 1 ? something ) looks alot like L-16, both four cylinder, same battery, cool knobs  and gagets, it has one brake master cylinder simular to 521, half a brake system......  

The oil cover cap is really sharp, hoping it fits my 521, looks simular.

Probably tons of little things like bolts and caps, has that post war japanese military look.

I think it burns way cleaner than a gas carb (maybe like EFI?) and about 20% less energy but it's like alcohol, you need more compression to get the most out of it. It's cheaper but you get less from it. Larger displacement or turbo will help.

I think it burns way cleaner than a gas carb (maybe like EFI?) and about 20% less energy but it's like alcohol, you need more compression to get the most out of it. It's cheaper but you get less from it. Larger displacement or turbo will help.

Interesting,

Where do I start first with installing turbo on a 521 pick up? Very cool !