Nissan's Chinese brand

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit can you imagine 12.6 invested in a Datsun

thats kinda what i tell people. instead of buying a new car, take half of the monthly car payment and put it in the car you have... you'll have a sick ride in no time... unless its like a honda... or a caviler... or a celebrity wagon... no... scratch that... that might be cool... a pimped out and pissed off celebrity wagon... 

• Like 1
Guest Rick-rat

I agree with ggzilla about reliability. My engine is stock, only changes are weber carb and pertronix ignition. The last major work I did was my brake conversion. Oil and filters changed every 3k, coolant every other year, trans and diff change every 3 years, air filter cleaned when needed, Spark plugs when needed, adjust valves once a year, fuel filter as needed. I would not hesitate to jump in and drive cross country at a moments notice if I needed to and would not worry about any break downs. Drive it like a car or truck and not as a racer. You want to have a race car, build one. For a great daily driver and reliable rig take care of your Datsun and it will take care of you. Over the past 7 years I have had my truck I still got a ways to go to reach 12,600 spent on my truck

I agree with ggzilla about reliability. My engine is stock, only changes are weber carb and pertronix ignition. The last major work I did was my brake conversion. Oil and filters changed every 3k, coolant every other year, trans and diff change every 3 years, air filter cleaned when needed, Spark plugs when needed, adjust valves once a year, fuel filter as needed. I would not hesitate to jump in and drive cross country at a moments notice if I needed to and would not worry about any break downs. Drive it like a car or truck and not as a racer. You want to have a race car, build one. For a great daily driver and reliable rig take care of your Datsun and it will take care of you. Over the past 7 years I have had my truck I still got a ways to go to reach 12,600 spent on my truck

yup. my 79 620 is about 6k away from rolling over 200k on the tach. never mind its on its third engine and second transmission... its ugly as hell but mechanically pristine