FINALLY! new fresh quarter window rubber seals!!!!

konig209

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wayno, what did they quote you for shipping?

I was quoted just over $130.00AUD for shipping for one set, but they also informed me that they would contact me when they received them, and they have not contacted me yet, I sent an inquiry yesterday about them and am waiting for a response, in the past I received a reply the same day, did not happen this time.

I have a friend over there that has volunteered to buy me what I want and ship it to me, but from what he told me, I believe that ordering more than a couple sets would be a bad idea the first order, one or maybe two sets should be ordered, shipped and fitted to the 520/521 doors before ordering a bunch of them, fact is they could be crap, or they could be great, one cannot tell until they are in the door itself, and have been there for over a year, I don't think that anything other than the fitment is going to be possible, if they crack in the first year, then we likely are all going to have to live with it, as I cannot say how good they are unless I put a set in my doors and wait for an extended period of time.

I actually have a NOS set also, and would like to compare them to each other, see if they have the same flexibility and such.

I have a question for everyone, did this ad expire last month, and then re-appear this month, or has it been up the whole time?

I have a feeling that the ad/auction has been up the whole time and they have not had any more made yet, as I said, the guy quoted me a price shipped, and told me he would contact me when they received them, he has not contacted me yet.

Here is what he said below(edited version)

I have made up a card file for you in our system, so when they come in I will send you an email & let you know

oldskoolvws, I only plan on buying for the people in my area only, if I do place a larger order, by the time one receives them here and ships them again, nothing is saved in the shipping by sending them to the southern USA, you guys down there can likely receive them directly for the same price, the big difference is if they won't send them to the USA because of some deal made with someone over here, I have a friend over there that will buy them and ship them to me.

There is also the issue of what my friend said about that vendor, he knows of the vendor personally, he has some long story but decided not to bore me with it(his words), but he also said that the vendor also has sold some of the best seals/gaskets on the market, so 1 or 2 sets should be bought first to check fitment and such, i am not going to buy 10 sets to find out they do not fit, I can live with getting screwed for a couple hundred, but not a thousand.

have any of you guys changed these vent window seals yet?

It's kinda a hassle unless you bought the frame/gasket/window complete, as that would not be rusty, and rivets would not have to be drilled out and replaced.

I found that if one is not careful, the nut on the bottom of the pivot will break/shear off, the shaft needs to be cleaned and lubed before taking it off, and that still doesn't guarantee that it doesn't just break/shear off on the first turn.

What do you mean not drilled to change the rubber or am i not reading it right,i had to drill the 2 rivots on the frame that goes down the door to pull apart the frame and slide the window out of the frame,or the spring tensioner bolt out of the frame.Its easy to do but i will gaurentee even a NOS 1 wont go back the same,and i could not find a rivot to fit because normal ones stick out to far so i just had mine tack welded you might say.They look really good but they are not perfect and not for the money i spent.

What do you mean not drilled to change the rubber or am i not reading it right,i had to drill the 2 rivots on the frame that goes down the door to pull apart the frame and slide the window out of the frame,or the spring tensioner bolt out of the frame.Its easy to do but i will gaurentee even a NOS 1 wont go back the same,and i could not find a rivot to fit because normal ones stick out to far so i just had mine tack welded you might say.They look really good but they are not perfect and not for the money i spent.

What I said was that if you bought the frame complete, you would not have to drill the rivets, some on here bought complete wingwindow frames, gaskets, and glass already together, so the lower pivot would have to be taken apart to install in the door shell, but otherwise nothing else needed to be done, now if you bought just the gasket, it is a hassle to install them.

Yea sorry Wayno i re red your post again and got side tracked at work.It was easy to still do it it just wont like stock of course ever again.I should post some close ups of mine.They look great but i wish they were cleaner,and i bought it from that fuckin chuckle head in singapore,whats his name hopsing.

620green more than likely

I picked up a set from this guy while he had them marked down 25%, ended up being $100 shipped. I had to wait for them to come back in stock but eventually he sent a set out.  They look good, and look right but until i get the time to install them I won't know.  Once he informed me that the seals where in stock, it took about a week for them to show up.

11059793653_b504d1b0a1_c.jpg