L20b to a L16

Bambino

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cuz ima rebuild the other. Nd not going to do it till later. it's jus to throw it in cuz it's my only ride. Need to get to places. The l16 came with trans, nd etc. except for the air filter pan. Jus needed to know if I could transfer it, or have to get one.

Slow down!  Take a deep breath and hit all the keys, that way we can all read you the first time and won't need to reread what you have "typed in" on the screen.  Spellcheck anyone?

• Like 1

I doubt the L16's straight out from the side, block vent pipe will fit through the L20B exhaust manifold.

You would also have to switch the intake as well because it's bolted to the L20B exhaust.

You may be able to slip a thinner L16 intake above it above it and leave the exhaust bolted shut... you'll see what I mean when you take it apart

Best way is to simply swap EVERYTHING over, manifolds and all.  The air injection system is part of the exhaust manifold so it has to stay there anyway.  It should all bolt on.  Easiest way would be to have 2 engine stands and side by side, and take everything of and transfer over.

Didn't notice you're in Cali, so yeah, putting the L16 isn't such a simple task of clearing the smog stuff off and making a "clean" install.

Hey check and verify. If just for a short while you may not ever get caught. If you need a smog check to get this on the road then you'd better find out now. OH yeah... the SR20DET? again, there never was an SR20 used here, not RWD at least, so there are no emission standards for it, so no way to test and get a pass. Talk to a smog referee and ask him these questions.