79 620 makeover

rjgilligan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to keep this thing as stock as possible with some various cosmetic upgrades. It's gonna be two-tone: datsun roadster turquoise/cream. Already pulled the whole engine apart and went over that, so it runs great... new timing, electric, hoses.. I'd like to upgrade the exhaust with something more substantial, get a more desirable manifold, and pull out the emissions. Already upgraded starter and alternator. Repainted steelies cream. Rear bumper will probably stay off. It's got 66' Mustang side mirrors. KEEPIN THE HOOKS. Would like to get a front bumper guard and a pre-78 grill but damn if i can find one.  Rubberizing the whole underside, bed, and frame. Brakes completely gone over. I will beef up the suspension a bit, but not much. More pictures to come...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just want to say Nice Job!! Nothing else to contribute but this makes my project goal seem attainable. 

I see that you decided to keep the interior painted white. Was this for convenience? how difficult was it to keep the door jamb and the interior separated and what does the transition look like? I have never really considered the interior a separate color but it looks good from here. Interested in final pics!!