Japanese Car Cruise-In @ Peterson Automotive Museum 11/9/13

BRE510

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OH SNAP!! thanks for posting! i had no idea this was happening. :frantics: gotta see if i can get my 210 buttoned up by then. would love to go. been getting my new fuel sending unit adjusted. darn thing still doesn't want to work right. getting closer though.

• Like 1

I'm definitely going! I emailed the contact at Petersen to see if it were possible to come in a half hour early and they said they don't really let anyone in before 9 as they are still setting up. You'll get rooftop parking if there's still room. I had planned on getting there early just to get good parking but since they aren't letting anyone in before 9 I'll probably show up 5-10 min before then.

Nice meeting up with some of my fellow ratsuners. Brian, nice chatting. Don't think I said that before I ran off. I do that sometimes. See something shiny and get distracted. Hugh, as always good to see you. Glad the wife was able to make it. Nice finally meeting you too hosestop.

I'll post some photos tomorrow!

ColourBox! I even saw your car near the entrance ramp and didn't put 2 and 2 together.

I got there late, parked next to the RX-4 wagon (I liked that very much) and then left early. I also completely forgot my phone so I don't have any pix please post soon!

Did you get some of that Lexus SC V8 Corolla that came late?

And was that 2000gt the one from BaT for $995,000?

ColourBox! I even saw your car near the entrance ramp and didn't put 2 and 2 together.

I got there late, parked next to the RX-4 wagon (I liked that very much) and then left early. I also completely forgot my phone so I don't have any pix please post soon!

Did you get some of that Lexus SC V8 Carolina that came late?

And was that 2000gt the one from BaT for $995,000?

I think I got you! Your truck came in late. I got a photo. I was a little prejudice in my picture taking so I mostly got the Datsuns and very few of the other non Datsuns. Wait which one was the 2000? I remember my bf mumbling something about $995,000 for some car that was there. Um yeah :no:

Do i see rear disc brakes on the wagon back there??

That's my truck! Woot. And yes I think that wagon had most of an FD RX7 under the skin, although I peeked at the rear and it was a disc converted solid/live axle (I think)

GRpufnstuf was this the car? My bf got photos of it.

photo1_zps74ec5619.jpg

photo2_zps329c5f43.jpg

YES, 1 Million Dollars he said in his best Dr Evil voice. Nice looking cars as Toyotas go...

I think there were only two trucks, 4x4 521 and a 620 out of 100 cars.

I liked that 521' sounded like maybe a Ford V8 in there? Looked like a proper 4x4 that got regular use.

I think Datsun owned the show although there was a nice Soarer with lace doily seat covers/shams,

A Celica with a clean modular Ford V8 swap, and small line of Supras.

Also it's always nice to see real Skylines (2) out and about.

Also really liked that Blue 710 with the JDM bumpers. I got to talk to the owner but neglected to introduce myself. I imagine I'll see him around.