rabbit radiator?

bonvo

ok im having a hard time tracking down a radiator for the old 610 i had it set up for a 620 rad but no one can find one anymore (cant imagine why) and the vw rabbit is almost the exact same dimentions as the stock one i had in my car to begin with i know the inlet and outlet are on the same side but anny other drawbacks to this radiator? i can get it for $120 so im thinking this is what im gonna go with

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the ones with the rad cap are pre 80 or 81. those are the ones to go with. BUT you will need the cap as well. they run about $15 or so. its not a typicial one like what we have on our dattos. it screws on. i was toying with the idea of putting a rabbit rad in my 620 since it needed one anyway but i didn't have a spare and no more $$ to go get one.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i ordered the radiator but the guy says its 2 inches shorter but longer is this ok? it is a cross flow as well as aluminum but it should give me enough cooling right? it has been used with an l20b correct?

ok guys i got the radiator iit looks puny!!! is this really gonna cool my car? it isnt aluminum its brass and it looks small but its alot wider wider to the point i have to relocate my charcol canister it fits in the hole perfectly almost like it was made to be there but it just looks to small i would like input before i start to put this thing in

newrad.jpg

rad.jpg

looks like an early rabbit radiator to me. yes it will cool it nicely even though its not aluminum. i own VWs so i know. the cooling systems on rabbits are badass. as long as the fan works and there are no leaks they will work damn near forever. hell i still ahve the original rad in my wifes 79 rabbit. no problems there.

yeah but wasent the rabbit only a 1.6? i know my l20b is is a 2.0 i just dont want to have to put this one in only to pull it out cause it doesnt do the job im gonna be running an electric fan on it its an older one but i hooked it up to some power and damn that thing moves some air airflow isnt an issue i know its been done in 510s but a 510 is only a l16 again its a 1.6 liter

yeah but wasent the rabbit only a 1.6? i know my l20b is is a 2.0 i just dont want to have to put this one in only to pull it out cause it doesnt do the job im gonna be running an electric fan on it its an older one but i hooked it up to some power and damn that thing moves some air airflow isnt an issue i know its been done in 510s but a 510 is only a l16 again its a 1.6 liter

rabbits were actually 1.5 gas and diesel, 1.6 gas and diesel, 1.7s, and 1.8s depending on the year. BUT people swap in 2.0s all the time using the stock cooling systems. hell i am doing a swap like that right now. it'll handle it.

• 3 years later...