My little cream 620

Hooligan

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated this in a while. I have picked up (and yet to install) aluminum radiator, Lynx mani and a Weber DCOE 45, all Russells fitings and hose, electric fuel pump swap, oil catch can, 5 speed trans, and am in the process of modifying some parabolic velocity stacks.

radiator_zps9fe0c67c.jpg

carb_zps6150fe41.jpg

carb2_zps42c2e8e0.jpg

• Like 4

Managed to get some work done today. After the C-notch in the rear the ass end rode like a dream, and the front was like riding in a metal box down a flight of stairs.

So.... I dropped in .25" alignment spacers for clearance. Rolled the inner fender lip, swapped to a pair of Energy Suspension bushings that are cut in half.... end result, dropped the front another inch and she rides great. Rear needs to be brought down so thats next on the list

DSCN1847_zps01423eea.jpg

• Like 1

:) it's amazing how smooth they ride HAVING good bump stops. I found that I was able to get an even smoother ride by.............

IMG_00507.jpg   

It slows the LCR instead of coming to an abrupt stop.

Managed to get some work done today. After the C-notch in the rear the ass end rode like a dream, and the front was like riding in a metal box down a flight of stairs.

So.... I dropped in .25" alignment spacers for clearance. Rolled the inner fender lip, swapped to a pair of Energy Suspension bushings that are cut in half.... end result, dropped the front another inch and she rides great. Rear needs to be brought down so thats next on the list

• Like 3

:) it's amazing how smooth they ride HAVING good bump stops. I found that I was able to get an even smoother ride by.............

IMG_00507.jpg   

It slows the LCR instead of coming to an abrupt stop.

I'm fairly new to the Datsun truck thing apparently. What is this in the picture,is it modified somehow ( it looks like it is ). Is this something that will help the ride,& handling of my 521 once it's lowered?

Oh,ok . Just to be clear,I knew it was a bump stop,it just looked different than what i've seen before. I've seem torsion bar front suspension on VW's before,but I assumed Datsun trucks were different. Too bad,in a way. If they were the same,we could just put on drop spindles to lower our trucks,& still have decent ride.

• 1 month later...

Slackin on the updates. 

Needed to get the back down some more so I did a rear shackle mod

Before:

oldshackle_zps39820e6d.jpg

After:

shackle_zps3be52082.jpg

I also built some new blocks for the rear

blocks_zpsafe392be.jpg

Which brought me to this:

DSCN1905_zps43b008d8.jpg

Still a work in progress... runs like a champ though