Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That reminds me of what Toyota did a few years ago. 96-06 V6 engines had bad head gaskets and too small of drain holes in the heads which led to sludge buildup. It would actually look like a jello mold in the head on lower mileage models with the issue. They knew about the problem for years, but blamed the customers saying they didn't changed the oil often enough. I dealt with a few of these when I worked at a Lexus dealer in 2006. That dishonesty is the main reason I won't have a POS Toyota and quit working there.

cover_off.jpg

Oh 1mz-FE, how I know and hate thee well. Currently got a PNP long block one of these I'm rebuilding for the wife's ES300 after hers dropped a valve at 130K (frickin' hard to find vvti too), probably because it was one of the few that wasn't sludged.

Hot tip of the day...........

Don't race someone with your girlfriend in your car unless you are POSITIVE you will win. That almost has to be worse than getting clowned when by yourself.

I met a friend of mine for breakfast this morning and he drove his 2012 Mustang GT, I drove my fiberglass VW dune buggy. When we were leaving the restaurant and got on the freeway, I was following him and he just flat out stood in it, so I did the same. I pulled past him so hard that I thought he let off. I then took my exit and headed home, where I had a voicemail waiting for me from him that said only "you fuckin liar, that is NOT a 1600cc engine". Which....he is right, it's really 1584cc.

• Like 3

Well, to be fair, you're probably more responsible than I was at your age and probably possess a sense of fear. If I owned this then... you could have found what was left of me under the large mushroom cloud in the distance.

Story #1:

I have some fear....just don't put me on a dirt bike at Sadie creek and say "have fun don't do anything to stupid". last time that happened I drove into a small lake going about 40mph. I almost died due to the fact the bike was on top of me under the water.....then my friend took the bike off of me and pulled me out... :D

Story #2:

Don't put me on a dirt bike at Moses lake and say "have a blast". last time that happened I jumped the bike over a clif into a lake.....and now it needs to be rebuilt....oops :D

Edit: The moral is keep me off dirt bikes unless I am supervised by an adult....smoke you don't count....