gotta ask about titan wheels on 620

sorry to bring this subject up again but I need some good advice. ive bought titan wheels off 2007 titan. I have a 73 620 pick up with drum brakes all around. ive read post where I only need spacers and ive read that you need to bore wheels to 4in or turn the hubs . i would like to know is . if i bore wheels is there still going to be a issue with tire rubbing on inside without spacers? and is that the reason for running spacers? i was just going to bore wheels to make sure the tires don't rub fender lip/ outside of tire. i will be taking ratsuns community advice on running the 225/40-r18 on the titan wheel. i haven't bought tires or bored wheels yet. also im having a hell of a time trying to find the router bit to bore wheels. been to lowes , home depot , ace and another local hardware store and haven't found the right one yet. any advice is much appreciated. thank you

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be able to find the rabbeting bit at a local tool supply shop or woodworking shop.  I would ask for a "half by half rabbeting bit" with a 1/2 inch shank.  I highly suggest a 1/2 inch setup, as swinging an 1-1/2" diameter rabbeting bit with a 1/4" shank is pretty dangerous.  Obviously you need a router with a 1/2" collet, though.  It would also be wise to use a variable speed router.

• Like 1

Just an FYI, Adams is not a drum brake truck. :)

The spacers are used to clear the nubs on the hub, they can be ground off.

Or you can run the spacers.

Or you can turn the hubs down to remove the nubs.

Or you can router the wheels.

After all those or's I feel like I should be paddling. :lol:

• Like 1

thanks j2edeye so if I run spacers will there still be enough room for tires to clear edge of fenders when I lower truck? that's my main concern ? im probally gonna run 225 40 r18 tires unless you say I can run a wider tire without rubbing issues. and I understand its only 1/4in spacer but sometimes that 1/4in can make or break you.and im sure you know because im looking to get the same stance you have on your truck.sweet lookin ride thanks again

I have 1/4 spacers on my 77. Depending on how low you are, you may have to fold up the lips on the bed and the front fenders a little.

I'm about as low as you can get without a c notch and cutting off the bump stop mounts in the front and that is all I have done. Wider tires will rub if you are as low as I am.

thanks j2edeye I want it bout as low as yours . I want the fenders to hang about 1in or 2 below tires. thanks for the info. Im definitely going with 225/40r18 tires and I think im just gonna bore rims to give me a 1/4in more clearance on outside of tire. you've been a great help. now I feel comfortable about going ahead and getting my tires and boring wheels. hopefully ill be installing them this weekend. thanks alot man. ratsun rules

• 1 month later...

Where's the pic?!?(s)

Make that truck LOAR

Have you read thru a few posts about lowering?

Are you going to turn your torsions a notch? And extend you shock mounts?

What's you plan for the rear? Blocks, flp a leaf, pull a leaf, 720 springs?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about as low as you can get without a c notch and cutting off the bump stop mounts in the front and that is all I have done. Wider tires will rub if you are as low as I am.

and I have done all these things to my frame which is similar to early 620 frames

lol he posted a google search for u ..... I seen lots(720 on titans) I like them .. may run a set on the drift truck in the back of my head ....

don't call the number he gives u,   that guy is a raging ass hat .... his powder work sucks too ....fucking prick that powder guy is

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/57608-jrocks-powdercoating-of-ratsun-projects-and-shit-thread/