Slammed, 0 door, I just may buy.

tr8er

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What engine? H20?

As for the body swap you could probably get a truck cab on there with a chopped/shortened hood/fenders. So the grill is only a foot or so from the windshield. Then do the same for the bed. make it like 10" long haha. That would be awesome. like a little tykes datsun but a forklift!

What engine? H20?

As for the body swap you could probably get a truck cab on there with a chopped/shortened hood/fenders. So the grill is only a foot or so from the windshield. Then do the same for the bed. make it like 10" long haha. That would be awesome. like a little tykes datsun but a forklift!

Photoshop guys?  can this happen?

Damn, I heard they were getting rid of it, but wasnt sure when the timeline was. Admittedly I haven't been on island for some time... 

I mean I get the whole whale thing .... I was there on maui when they had there last run and all the protestors ... I was like wtf ... u think travel between the islands like this would have been established ...oh I dunno......back in the 20's... but the islanders are very against it....VERY!!!   seemed like a awesome idea to me ... I thought maybe down size the boats and what not to accommodate the locals and there protests but no, apparently only in hi are the whales attracted to boats.... not Alaska ... not WA...not Canada .... just the whales in HI...it was a real headscratcher ... but they also stood there ground saying the isalnds would get thrashed from all the extra traffic.... to which I thought was also ridiculous.... but maybe more tourists dollars scare them ..... I dunno I was shocked and surprised how avivacious the locals were about blocking the ferry ..... I was like ..."yo brah... you know that's a huge ferry right .... there not gonna see u on your paddle board brah....mahalo"

plus think how many more fugitives dog and beth could catch if they could island jump by boat withthere entourage of mace cans and suburbans....

I mean I get the whole whale thing .... I was there on maui when they had there last run and all the protestors ... I was like wtf ... u think travel between the islands like this would have been established ...oh I dunno......back in the 20's... but the islanders are very against it....VERY!!!   seemed like a awesome idea to me ... I thought maybe down size the boats and what not to accommodate the locals and there protests but no, apparently only in hi are the whales attracted to boats.... not Alaska ... not WA...not Canada .... just the whales in HI...it was a real headscratcher ... but they also stood there ground saying the isalnds would get thrashed from all the extra traffic.... to which I thought was also ridiculous.... but maybe more tourists dollars scare them ..... I dunno I was shocked and surprised how avivacious the locals were about blocking the ferry ..... I was like ..."yo brah... you know that's a huge ferry right .... there not gonna see u on your paddle board brah....mahalo"

plus think how many more fugitives dog and beth could catch if they could island jump by boat withthere entourage of mace cans and suburbans....

I should really just keep walking.  But fuck it.  I'm that islander that takes it as a point of pride that the small can still stand together to stop what's wrong.  One group of opponents stood on the whale platform, and if I was a whale activist, I surely would as well.  My position was against the sheer size of these boats.  These boats were designed to accept a U.S. Army tank.  Yet, they were heralded as a commuter vessel.  Vehicular traffic would increase so many negatives, while merely increasing convenience for a select few, plus tourists.  It would literally open the gates for resource collection and scavenging from outer islands (rare trees, animals, sea-life, corals, etc.)  It would increase competition for all outer-island businesses as Oahu businesses would simply expand operations to outer islands.  It would destroy most outer-island businesses.  And all of Hawai'i would, quite quickly become homogenous.  It is already happening, but if you have ever visited different islands and appreciated the different cultures and traditions on each island, you would be sad to see it.  

But that is almost beside the real point.  We all want a ferry.  But no-one wanted that monstrosity.  Give me a reasonable 200-300 person ferry that does the same thing without cars.  Then we will be happy.  But Mr. Lehman saw a door, and he opened it.  

Mr. Lehman oversaw the Reagan Naval expansion, and served as Naval advisor for Romney, is an investment banker, and served as a Naval Secretary.  He is a smart guy with foresight.  He invested some money at a doomed venture, and oversaw it's demise for gains.  So he invested in the ship builder (Austal U.S.A), and the project proposal in Hawai'i.  Why?  well the military put out a feelers for a high speed ocean transporter for military stryker land vehicles.  Lehman figured out a way to make money one the deal.  Lehman was the chairman of the "Hawaii Superfairy".  Was connected to Romney (lobbying for huge Navy specific expansion), and politically connected to the (at the time) Governor of Hawai'i, Linda Lingle ®.  Lehman, with the help of Lingle, was able to get Hawai'is taxpayers to fund a prototype vessel for a huge military contract building the "JHSV's".  With this vessel in the water at the time of the bidding, they were the only shipbuilder able to demonstrate the ability to meed the governments requirements.  Well Austal has several ports in several cities, and Lehman bought neighboring ports to four of them assuming that someone may really want those ports soon.  He immediately applied for and received massive multi-million dollar stimulus grants for improvements to these ports (your tax dollars again).  By the time he was done with his improvements, Austal USA was awarded the grant for 10 (now 12) JHSV military naval transporters.  Now BAE was sure to get sub-contracted to work on these vessels, and they needed a port close to those facilities.  Lehman had purchased, and built ports that could accommodate those needs.  And oh snap, they are for sale.  And at the bargain price of more than twice what he paid for them two years later.  

So he looses some invested startup money for Hawaii Super Fairy, and leaves Hawaii with the Bill

He manipulates the Navy (His former employer) into awarding the contract to Austral USA

He sells land of interest following the awarded contract.

And in the end, who buys the fairys that have no place here?  The Navy.  

Believe me, on paper the Fairy is a great idea for us.  This was not an answer to our plea.  This was a money game played by an Investor, who knew too much about politics and military spending.   

Much of this was plagiarized from this blog that did a great job detailing the facts.  

http://hisuperferry.blogspot.com/