Ca. Emissions

cschneider1988

I have a 1978 b210 with all the factory smog emission system stripped. I need to buy and reinstall the parts because the car runs amazing and I want it for my commuter so I can afford gas. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram on how to install everything to California's standards? Also a good website and a list of everything I need? Thanks, Craig

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to be able to get a picture until I get home from this fire. Photobucket app and site are not very easy with this iPhone. It will allow me to post to Facebook and that's about it. Thanks datzen mike I appreciate it. Ill try pick and pull. I was looking at rockauto.com for the parts and thy have quite a bit but not the charcoal canister for the gas fumes.

You can get a charcoal cannister at any junk yard.  "Parts is parts" should work for this crude add on.  Now, where are the 3 hoses? Just replace the fiber filter on the bottom on general principles, you don't know what crud is embedded in the one you will get.  Any auto parts store should have this little disc.

It has been a long time since I had to do this with a 1967 Bronco that all the smog was removed, so it may not work today. I took my Bronco to the CA smog referee they only made you put back on the parts still available. in my case, the part were no longer available and they gave me a waiver.

Good luck

Umm 1967 Bronco?   smog?  are you sure!  ?

Removed at the factory   prior to installation   :rofl:

He's correct, I had to have my 66 Mustang smogged in 1996. It has only been since 1997 when the law was changed from 65 and newer to 75 and newer

• Like 1

I have a 1978 b210 with all the factory smog emission system stripped. I need to buy and reinstall the parts because the car runs amazing and I want it for my commuter so I can afford gas. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram on how to install everything to California's standards? Also a good website and a list of everything I need? Thanks, Craig

I sent you a PM,but got no reply.

Call me @ (707)445-3354,if I can help. 

- Doug