3D printed Datsuns?!?!?!??!!?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember seeing an article not too long ago about the first printed firearm (it was a pistol).

3D printing has so many applications, once the machines become more mainstream and costs go down it will be interested to see what is being made with these. 

I remember seeing an article not too long ago about the first printed firearm (it was a pistol).

3D printing has so many applications, once the machines become more mainstream and costs go down it will be interested to see what is being made with these. 

it will basically over run the complete economic system ... cuz once it reliable and durable ... why would I need to go to home depot to buy a hammer when I can print one....its cool but scary at the same time.....obviously it wont decimate the economic system but could have a serious effect on it .....assuming it becomes mainstream and durable....it will be the beginning of the end.....if u can produce a gun to fire a 1000 rounds.......u wont need to try to keep guns out of the wrong hands cuz any hands with a 3 d printer can produce multiples.....no school shooting has ever used a 1000 rounds... now imagine that .....print a gun shot up a bank ... print a gun shoot up a school .... print a gun shoot up anything ... need a get away ... print up a motorcycle..... need a pocket pussy ... print one up ......need a jack stand print one up.....need a arm ... print one up ... need a engine hoist print one up..... need a wheel to get to work and back print one up ..... need a hooker print one up......get my drift it wont replace consumers need but could severely alter the landscape of the consumer buying needs.. ....ever watch wall-e .. prolly something like that ... us living in space cuz all this recyclable crap will stack up after we print our selves into the apocalypse...

• Like 3

it will basically over run the complete economic system ... cuz once it reliable and durable ... why would I need to go to home depot to buy a hammer when I can print one....its cool but scary at the same time.....obviously it wont decimate the economic system but could have a serious effect on it .....assuming it becomes mainstream and durable....it will be the beginning of the end.....if u can produce a gun to fire a 1000 rounds.......u wont need to try to keep guns out of the wrong hands cuz any hands with a 3 d printer can produce multiples.....no school shooting has ever used a 1000 rounds... now imagine that .....print a gun shot up a bank ... print a gun shoot up a school .... print a gun shoot up anything ... need a get away ... print up a motorcycle..... need a pocket pussy ... print one up ......need a jack stand print one up.....need a arm ... print one up ... need a engine hoist print one up..... need a wheel to get to work and back print one up ..... need a hooker print one up......get my drift it wont replace consumers need but could severely alter the landscape of the consumer buying needs.. ....ever watch wall-e .. prolly something like that ... us living in space cuz all this recyclable crap will stack up after we print our selves into the apocalypse...

yeah what will the economy do if everyone is just printing there own hookers... i see another great depression happening lol

• Like 1

It wont matter how many guns you print if you cant get the ammo or ammo supplies.. but thats a diff discussion.

This dude obviously has a VERY HIGH skill set to begin with.

I'm not sure about a whole car but I could easily see .... grills, badges, tail lights, dashes & all the other endless "list" items fairly easy. 

It wont matter how many guns you print if you cant get the ammo or ammo supplies.. but thats a diff discussion.

I'm not sure about a whole car but I could easily see .... grills, badges, tail lights, dashes & all the other endless "list" items fairly easy. 

their making bullets now too...................

It wont matter how many guns you print if you cant get the ammo or ammo supplies.. but thats a diff discussion.

I'm not sure about a whole car but I could easily see .... grills, badges, tail lights, dashes & all the other endless "list" items fairly easy.

I actually created and had printed 1/4 panel emblems. Wish I were better with 3 D modeling. I'd be making all kinds of parts for my 210.
  • Like 1

3D printing technology is definitely useful, but there are still limitations. I can see it being used to make molds for cast-metal objects for things it can't be used for yet. (rotary printing tables available yet?) If only technology hadn't outpaced the amount of "common" sense people have,...

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Lots of companies can do it... It's just not financially sound to go that route. With the price of printing, it's a good option for one-offs and small runs. Or to test out a product in a cheaper substrate than what the final product is made of.

It's way cheaper (though a bit higher initial cost) to have a mold made and pop out a bunch of lenses going the injected mold route.