B210 console mold/form oic's >>>>Finished Pics

B210GX

9349596048_83c56a3c49_z.jpg

9349593970_b90367a2e4_z.jpg

this last photo has the F/g resin on it. this will be sanded,  then another coat applied and sanded smooth.

then off to the vacuum former.  will form out of black ASB plastic and or Clear polycarbonate.

Should turn out quite nice.

9346809007_caa06eca3e_z.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your shit is sick.

I hope to be calling on your services soon!

Come on up  see if ya need something  :)

NICE!

By chance, are you going to be opening up the consoles for sale?

If they turn out well...Definately!

If you start selling these, cupholders would be a game changer. Just sayin...

I'd pay a premium for some cupholders in my 210.

I thought about that as well, although I'm not quite positive of the placement of said cup holders.. 1) the heater is in the way.. 2) e brake handle is in the way 3)   THE BIGGIE the forming process works better with a "male plug" as apposed to a female. I thought about off to the sides, just in front of the shifter cut out.  OR  making them with the "face"  more verticle and using later model car retractable cup holder inserts.

Any way, I'm taking in to work tomorrow to test it out.  X your fingers  :)

• Like 1

I thought about that as well, although I'm not quite positive of the placement of said cup holders.. 1) the heater is in the way.. 2) e brake handle is in the way 3)   THE BIGGIE the forming process works better with a "male plug" as apposed to a female. I thought about off to the sides, just in front of the shifter cut out.  OR  making them with the "face"  more verticle and using later model car retractable cup holder inserts.

Any way, I'm taking in to work tomorrow to test it out.  X your fingers   :)

I always thought that between the shifter and heater would be a fitting place. I've got a stock 210 console that has a change holder right there. For a while I used a bungee cord to hold cups in the space. It worked alright...

Hmmm, so you have vacuum former access, eh? Is your vacuum former large enough to try duplicating a dash cap? I was thinking about making a mold from my current dash cap. 

• Like 1

me personally  no,  mine will be just big enough for these parts and maybe some flares .

But work however  Yes.  8' x 16' large enough?  We did these letters  13' tall       

work_sports_CLF04.jpg

The O in the background up top is 25' tall for size reference work_sports_Ohio01.jpg

http://tubeart.com/index.html

Just remember on vacuum forming the "part" has to be able to come off the mold just like in the fiberglassing process.

If you can clone the following piece you will be my new hero.

null_zps9da753a7.jpg

null_zpsd6a90f2a.jpg

Too bad i only have pics of it.

Do want :w00t:   Also that floor looks really familiar....