the curse of the black diamonds

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 2.8L L6 turbo in a 240Z can be made to run in the 10's using almost all stock parts. ONLY major mod is porting the head. I don't know of ANY other car that can say that, do you?

The L series always treat you better than you treat it, period.

Change the oil and do basic maintenance and it will last forever, if stock.

Only times I've seen it give grief is when the owner neglected it, or it had a quarter million miles on it.

High nickel block, forged crank and con rods, ect...

Price per fun, ya just can't beat it.

Have fun with your new toy.

A 2.8L L6 turbo in a 240Z can be made to run in the 10's using almost all stock parts. ONLY major mod is porting the head. I don't know of ANY other car that can say that, do you?

The L series always treat you better than you treat it, period.

Change the oil and do basic maintenance and it will last forever, if stock.

Only times I've seen it give grief is when the owner neglected it, or it had a quarter million miles on it.

High nickel block, forged crank and con rods, ect...

Price per fun, ya just can't beat it.

Have fun with your new toy.

my old grandnational could do it :P

I also made a mistake its a big 16g not a super .

so how much hp do those cars have stock? an how much are you expecting to gain from the new turbo?

188 horses and 233 pounds of torque stock. after the turbo it should be around 240 ish horses with about 300 pounds of torque. if i putt a piggy back to control the fuel and put on a wallbro fuel pump i can squeeez a little more out of it . but if i do all that i might as well just putt in bigger injectors and go for 300 :D

188 horses and 233 pounds of torque stock. after the turbo it should be around 240 ish horses with about 300 pounds of torque. if i putt a piggy back to control the fuel and put on a wallbro fuel pump i can squeeez a little more out of it . but if i do all that i might as well just putt in bigger injectors and go for 300 :D

mikey doit right man, dont just add boost an call it good, i mean im sure it would be fun, for a while.. but with it tuned properly with a piggy back of some sort it will last much longer and run way more efficiently, and ya i'd throw in some bigger injectors too :)

i dont know much about these cars.. do they come intercooled?

inter cooled for the win

the car will handle the boost i am going to run with out the bigger injectors it has 850cc injectors in it.

remember shaun's old white car? That thing was running around 19 pounds or so with the same turbo. these old mitsu's have a pretty good fuel system in them for what they are . I ran the turbo thats on it now all the way up to 18pounds no problem. it never leaned out once on the wide band.

really??? fuck thats nice dude... well as long as u have a wideband an u can keep your eye on the a/f i say go for it, those 850cc injectors should handle 300 EASILY, shit dude the stock 370cc's on det's can handle upto 300+ IIRC. but with nissans i'd feel safer usin a piggy back, i mean they have ok fuel systems but its too easy to mess up... too many people blow det's cause they try crankin the boost without doin anything else then it exploads an they jus start pointin fingers at the motor.. but if tuned properly they can be a blast an pretty strong lil motors

i like the starions WAY more then any dsm/eclipse thing..