the curse of the black diamonds

did the cordia use any of the same drive train parts?

a little off topic but at one time i was checking out the head on an isuzu impulse with turbo seeing if i could make it work with my 4ez1

Cordia had a 1.8 turbo here in teh states from what I've seen. Which is a 4g62 sohc turbo, Same family as the 63 so you could twin cam it, but no they dont really share much mechanically. Electronically I think the injectors are similar. tps, and other sensors as they were both tbi. Cordias qre wuite rare here./ I thought it would be a cool little car just to have.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hood was still on it when i got to it, i even had to pull the interior release handle to open it. Remembering this thread and having every intention of telling you about it, then forgot for a few days.

Sorry you missed out on that hood.

Jason

yeah I wish you woulda known, that was a 83 and the hood is worth about 500 bucks as it is the onyl year we got witht eh hood scoop and vents.

yeah, starions can handle 20lbs nicely on most smaller turbos. It's when you start getting into the 18g and larger you gotta put a piggy back on and swap in some later model 1025cc injectors for the extra fuel.

I was hitting 19 to 20 on a super 16g on ym 88 white car. That car would shit n get when I had it running good. 60-100 in about a heartbeat. I'd never had such good overtaking power before.

Starions only run 7:1 compression, so running the higher boost is fine, its more of a flow issue than a lbs issue. We may have to upgrade mikeys fuel pump eventually, but who knows. We'll see.

the big 16g is a nice street turbo, although I like the slightly laggier 18g, as it breaths much better at very low boost. I was running 13.69@100.9mph at 8lbs wiht one. THe 16g doesnt really get into efficiency until 15+ around 20 they are in their honey spot. They are a bit less laggy though.

This engine isnt gonna blow any time soon, it's in very good condition bearing wise from what I saw. I showedmikey a lot of small shit to do to keep her going.

ooooh, and as for the guy who said why does my only starion have a 1jz in it. At the time of the swap, I owned 4 starions, 3 did have g54b turbos in them. I've just widdled my collection of cars down over the 2 years searching for a perfect one. and since I basically stopped working with teh 1j car for the last year I have just kept it as I have too much time invested in the chassis. Widened the tunnel,. recessed the firewall 2 inches back etc.. plus it was my first car so I have some feelings torwards it :) I'll be buying another car, but I'm very picky these days.

Edited by City Hunter
yeah, mikey got the bug lol. I'm putting together a 2.4 dohc conversion on my van. 11:1 2.4l twin cam should be up around 180hp :)

that white car bit me . after driveing my slow ass 620 for so long. then jumping behind the wheel of one of these. I was like i got to have one.

now i need another 2 door shell so i can putt my l18 in it and putt a g54b in my 4 door

• 4 weeks later...
well it only took me a couple months butt i putt my ghetto 16g on holy crap it pulls hard but it is leaning out around 15 16 pounds :( my afr's where hitting mid 13's

I wanna see it! Are you coming to RR tonite?

The inducer diameter for the 16g looks 50% bigger...is the exducer size the same? SWEET!! :w00t:

How do you plan on getting more fuel at higher boost?

the exhaust side is a bit beefier more blades and the blades are taller. compared to stock

the stock 12a flows 320 cfm big 16g 550.

i might be there tonight

i need to buy a wallbro 255 the stock pump is not keeping up if that dont work then i will buy a piggy back of some type ( i might buy one any way) if the price

is right.

me and shaun took it on the test run he said it scared him a bit.

when i drove it with this turbo on the car said YOU WILL RESPECT ME ! And all i could say was ok.