I got another one..

Royal Sierra

Posted (edited)

Lets try some sound deadener. Ordered one more box cuz I ran out. Had a partial box a friend had left over from his 510. I wouldnt mind getting different seats at some point like old Bronco buckets or something. The 521 made it out of a shooting unscathed. Was at a car show and some idiots decided it was the perfect place to have a gang related shootout. Had to duck in front of a 55 Chevy that got hit by gun fire. Was gonna be pissed if they hit my windshield or wheels. Lol. Anyway, I have new black carpet on the way as the old carpet was trashed. I know I need to put some deadener up where the headliner is bur my headliner is in tact and I dont want to ruin it, but I know deadener will help a lot up there. What to do..

Screenshot_20240526_192827.jpg

FB_IMG_1716776827040.jpg

Edited by Royal Sierra
Turkey sandwich
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it IS Gresham....this is an area East of Portland with a bad reputation. The joke being the bad parts of Gresham ARE Gresham.ย 

• Haha 1

Finished the sound deadener. Took the door panels off and cover the entire inside of the doors as well and man it makes a huge difference but its still a lowered 521 on wider wheels so there is still quite a lof of road noise but it is a noticeable difference. Im sure once I get the carpet in that will help a little too. Added a horn button delete plate as I was tired of the button falling off. My roadrunner horn and train horn buttons are hidden under the dash anyway. Ill have my woman print me up a Datsun sticker or something to put in the middle of the delete plate cuz it looks too blank. Installed a new rearview mirror Ive had laying around for 10 years. I kept the crusty original for as long as I could but it could no longer hold the mirror itself so it was time to replace it. Unsurprisingly the bolts were rusted in place and broke the second I tried to remove them. Then had to do a celebratory run to Joes donuts on my only day off. Hopefully 5 speed swap and rear main seal repair next.

Screenshot_20240603_135551.jpg

Screenshot_20240603_135605.jpg

Screenshot_20240603_135615.jpg

Screenshot_20240603_135632.jpg

Screenshot_20240603_135647.jpg

• Like 4
2 hours ago, thisismatt said:

The stock mirror stalk works with those mirrors

I realized that after I took the original out lol. Whatever bracing the screws went into came loose. Ill remount the original bracket later on because this mirror sits too high and the original just looks cooler.

2 hours ago, Royal Sierra said:

I realized that after I took the original out lol. Whatever bracing the screws went into came loose. Ill remount the original bracket later on because this mirror sits too high and the original just looks cooler.

I would recommend taking a round file to the edges of the clamp.ย  At least on mine they were a bit sharp edged and would gouge the stock aluminum ball