My Datsun Hardbody....

(as for anyone who thinks nissan isnt the same as a datsun or is inferior, i got two words for you: take a hike, then while your busy hiking, go look up nissans history, you love datsun so much but know nothing of the company that made them, your 620 truck and 720 truck should clearly say made by nissan motor company or something along those lines on the door jamb. So give it up Nissan is datsun, datsun is nissan, nissan got sick of using a different name for the US and canada so they used their japanese name nissan for the american trucks because during the 80's japanese companies were taking over by storm and they wanted a global name)

U-Mad-Bro.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would I? I wasnt the one who threw the tantrum. 

lol what tantrum? if you mean when i stopped posting thats because i didnt want to waste my time on here if people dont even know (or dont think) their datsun is a nissan, i spent the whole time i was gone working on the truck getting it running (and by whole time like 1 day), if you mean what i posted above, then it sounds like u mad.

lol what tantrum? if you mean when i stopped posting thats because i didnt want to waste my time on here if people dont even know (or dont think) their datsun is a nissan, i spent the whole time i was gone working on the truck getting it running (and by whole time like 1 day), if you mean what i posted above, then it sounds like u mad.

That's not what you deleted.

I think someone is mad.

You have bigger things to worry aboot if you're concerned aboot our thoughts.

Really.

That's not what you deleted.

I think someone is mad.

You have bigger things to worry aboot if you're concerned aboot our thoughts.

Really.

oh you mean because i reopened the thread so i removed the last message? LOL you think im hiding something wow.

I deleted the last message because i decided to post the results of the conversion i did. Sorry?

edit: i dont care what anyone on here thinks of me, because im sure everyone thinks im garbage anyways, so your mistaken.

I think you should have left the TBI on there.  I rebuilt the TBI unit on my Z24 today, thing purrs like a kitten. And dude, what is up with that dash?  I'm thinking you might want to use some of that foam bondo stuff to fill the pits and then sand it smooth.  Those Russian dudes build entire car kits out of foam for competition, I'm not sure how they do it, but I'll bet we can get the stuff here if they can get it in Russia.

• Like 1

the dash is what it is, the project was to wind time backwards on the truck basically, the dash was starting to crack and i like this better than cracks and yellow foam. I admit i could have done it smoother but i  ran out of supplies.

As for the TBI, i would never go back to it, im going to run this setup for a couple of weeks and if it checks out, then the Computer, Dist, Coils and tbi will be sold as a package.

Yeah this thingy...

Z24iandZdistributor006Large.jpg

Yeah....I had to ship one of those to RMS after he bought a Z24 dizzy from me.

Technically it's not part on the dizzy since it is bolted to the TC cover...... ;)

I converted my 85 720 4x4 to the antiquated 200sx EFI

Was okay....until some components started to calve. Even then...I wasn't sure the new part(s) was going to remedy the issue at hand.

Said fuck it....bought a 7 buck intake gasket and threw one of my Webers on.

Zero problems now....well.....on carbs that is.... :D

Truck is running great, much faster than it used to be, havent hooked the advance up at the moment. I need to have someone make me a new carb adapter plate that will fit the z24i manifold better.

I got the truck timed at 10 degrees, it was original at 0 degrees when i first drove it, very unusual drive that was, timing light was easy enough to figure out though, dialed it back and bam im in like a dirty shirt.

(as for anyone who thinks nissan isnt the same as a datsun or is inferior, i got two words for you: take a hike, then while your busy hiking, go look up nissans history, you love datsun so much but know nothing of the company that made them, your 620 truck and 720 truck should clearly say made by nissan motor company or something along those lines on the door jamb. So give it up Nissan is datsun, datsun is nissan, nissan got sick of using a different name for the US and canada so they used their japanese name nissan for the american trucks because during the 80's japanese companies were taking over by storm and they wanted a global name)

I'm guessing someone ruffled your feathers?

This statement seems to be an out of place soapbox. 

I think your getting the responses that you're getting, because even though we aren't "following" your post, we are watching it pop up on our "content".

I don't think you realize you were getting the "love" were looking for, when you actually were.  Then you posted that you were going to shut down the post, then you reopened it and you made a unusual comment like the one above.....  Then things have kinda gotten out of hand here.  I'd say just keep on posting your progress, forget the rest.

The post wasnt unusual, its a response to a few members who were claiming datsuns were not nissans and nissans were not datsuns.

If you weren't in the thread mentioned then just ignore that message it isnt for everyone on here. :)

Wont be a whole lot more posting unless i do something crazy again. i mean oil changes arnt really post worthy (if an ignition conversion and computer removal cant get much attention then an oil change would leave members drowning in their bran flakes ZZZZzzzz), im still mulling over what the timing should ultimately be on the engine, I set it to 10 BTDC (hardbody recommendation), mike says 5 BTDC and so does the emissions sticker on the hood oddly enough, so i would say in the morning im going to try 5 BTDC though without an vac advance it may not work that well, might be a bit turtle-ly..(and you dont want me to bring out the turtle again do you?)

I always thought the engine would ping if it were too advance (that pinging being the ping of doom as it flamebeys your pistons) but meh i know just enough to keep this jalopy running. lol

Now you should convert it drum brakes!

for some reason disc brakes appear to be simpler to take care of though, its the only modern system ive seen yet that was an actual real improvement upon the original. Honestly what tweaks my butthairs is the fact that i got 2 different styles of brakes on one truck, so yes one or the other would be nice, but putting drums on the front may be a bit against what im aiming for, its far cheaper and simpler to get 2 rotors and 2 pads than it is to get drums/shoes + the 100 springs and dingleberrys needed for it all to work. (and wheel cylinders sigh..). What i will end up doing is just keeping what it has, because changing this kind of stuff is somewhat painful, and after surviving a carb conversion and ignition conversion on a truck that was meant to have neither, i just want to drive it and have some fun now.

I also need to put it up on ramps and get a new undercoating put on there, and maybe put some bedliner in too. Then those pinstripes (shudders)

I am thinking about giving the truck the gift of removable doors (ala jeep). The big projects are kind of over with at this point, not much left thats all that exciting, other than a tuneup when it hits 229,500 miles (currently at 227,301 i think).

Tune in to 'Enter the monk' Episode 4 to see nerdistmonk......make breakfast. (proceeds in pouring bowl of bran flakes then falling asleep in them.....gurgles)

Ok so i made my conversion permanent today, all the ecu wiring and relays have been pulled, i still got about 14 wires that go to the check connector in the dash i need to yank, but i dont feel like pulling the dash again. I need to replace my battery terminals and run a fresh wire from the fender to the engine block to ensure ground continuity. I think taking all that wiring off made my 28 year old alternator angry, the lights dim when you turn on stuff and brighten as you rev the engine, though it goes away once the engine warms up (which seems to confirm its the alt), i will do my two small repairs then just watch and wait. It still has its 1986 nissan alternator, i may just buy an ac/delco alt for it since i wont be sure what could be causing this inside my old one.

Now that is one big pile of crap.

except i know how to read my schematics and didnt rip ALL my wiring out, i merely removed the ecu harness wire by wire, i took a picture of that pile because i wanted a laugh at all the responses i knew it would get since it looks like a disaster. The truck is running just the same as it did before, everything still works. The alternator light coming on momentarily idk why that happened but 2 hours of driving later and i havent seen it again must of been a freak thing with my batt terminal being loose.