My Datsun Hardbody....

yeah i can see that happening if you just yank the whole thing and dont have a plan ahead of time, i made mine look like a mess because it was humorous to me, also so i could let the person who buys the ecu have all the plugs, i tend to reuse the actual wiring for other stuff, but really if i thought the truck might be dead i wouldnt have done it, the schematics seem to indicate not one thing of value was lost and the proof is when i yanked the 5 relays and everything is still working.

The alternator light coming on (it did it only once when i first started it, it quickly disappeared when i tapped the gas a bit), that could have been anything, my neg terminal on my battery is very loose cause its worn out and you can move it around and pull it off by hand. Also i think i may have partially weakened ground continuity since that harness had 4 motor grounds on it, the solution there would be to make a bridge from the fender (where the neg battery cable touches) to the block, and that should restore that.

The last thing being that the act of removing over a quarter mile of wire caused a burst of power in the alternator, since its not sending juice through those relays or all that wire i may have simply miffed off a 28 year old alternator by messing with the status quo (most likely brush or bearings, the alt may be slowing down a bit since i can hear the engine strain when i switch stuff on)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic