POST Craigslist eBay ads here...

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not much room for your feet...

I wish those mock-up blocks were cheaper :crying:  I need a 409 block setup as a coffee table and display my 409 parts.

Find someone with a plasma cutter capable of cutting at least 1/2 " thick cast iron, works great.

You should be able to cut an old 348 block down to half its weight. Deck height should be the same.

Find someone with a plasma cutter capable of cutting at least 1/2 " thick cast iron, works great.

You should be able to cut an old 348 block down to half its weight. Deck height should be the same.

Why would I want to waste a 348 block?  I know where your coming from, the foam blocks are over $400, and the real thing is less than $400....   I have two, and there are plans-in-the-making to use them.  It's one of the coolest looking engines produced, especially with the tri-power.  The VG has similar looks, only reversed, which is another reason I would like to use the VG for a swap... 

Can someone please explain to me why you'd need to sell a car if you're moving? It makes no fucking sense at all. I call bullshit.

Really? Maybe moving overseas and it would be too expensive to move? Maybe it's just a toy (not a DD) and it doesn't make sense to move ($$)? Maybe they're moving and need the cash? Maybe they're moving someplace where there isn't enough room?

I'd say most often it's someone moving someplace and they either won't have room or it doesn't make financial sense to do it for something they don't often use.

• Like 3

Can someone please explain to me why you'd need to sell a car if you're moving? It makes no fucking sense at all. I call bullshit.

Being a Military family and living around a base, I see that all the time.  That's how I just bought my $500 Opel GT that came with a new engine stand and $200 media blasting pot.  The guy has to move and he doesn't want to take a stripped down car, and bulky tools he doesn't need, with him.

Same as above^^

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/4315430091.html

1972 Datsun 510 4door
I'm moving away and I need to sell my car.  Willing to negotiate, but please no low ballers and no trades.
Asking price is 6,900 OBO!
Text or Call @ three two three five one six eight three six zero. Ask for Daniel thank you

I don't know...  It has been for sale for awhile.  It sounds legit to me.  But I read it as; "Need to sell soon.  Will negotiate, won't accept anything under $6000.  Asking $6,900"

And you know, it looks pretty good for that price these days. 

You know, as long as we are on the subject;

No offense to Lonestar, but when sellers say:  "If doesn't sell with in a month I'm sending it to scrap and I will not part it out...I do not have time for that."

http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/item/3004-1968-510-wagon-with-rebuilt-l16/

That's total BS! Way more than "moving must sell" 

The guy I bought my Opel GT from also said that.  But come on,  Scrap prices are at what $60-$100 per ton right now?  And with a car that weighs in around 2000lbs, you will get Maybe $100 for it by taking it to scrap.   GET REAL! 

Or, does that mean he will take an offer between $1500 and $100?

Sorry, I guess it's just my turn to vent!

**Added 2/10/2014**

***It appears he read this statement because his comment about scrapping it has been removed.  Good move on his part.  I appologize for using Lonestar as an example.***

• Like 1