For those with sr20det's ...

macgyver

I'm in the middle of my build and I'm debating on keeping it stock or doing some mods before we install it.

I'm pretty sure that the stock setup with intake/exhaust/fmic will be more than enough power, just wanted to ask guys with this set up their opinions and or what your running.

Thanks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the middle of my build and I'm debating on keeping it stock or doing some mods before we install it.

I'm pretty sure that the stock setup with intake/exhaust/fmic will be more than enough power, just wanted to ask guys with this set up their opinions and or what your running.

Thanks

Do it now while its out. I have a stock SR13 SR20 in my 510, more than enough power for me and I have the stock T25 still. I don't drive it hard so that is more than enough power for me. Only mods I would do is get solid lifters, Z32 MAF, & ECU chipping/basemap.

Also, I live in Jersey right across from lower Manhattan. If you live in the 5 boroughs & need any advice or are stuck, let me know.

Do it now while its out. I have a stock SR13 SR20 in my 510, more than enough power for me and I have the stock T25 still. I don't drive it hard so that is more than enough power for me. Only mods I would do is get solid lifters, Z32 MAF, & ECU chipping/basemap.

Also, I live in Jersey right across from lower Manhattan. If you live in the 5 boroughs & need any advice or are stuck, let me know.

thanks a lot and thanks for the advice!! I figured it would be enough but just wanted to double check.

I will def hit you up if I get stuck or have questions. I'm out on long island.... pretty lonely out here for 510's lol   but kinda like it that way :)

thanks for the advice! I figured that it was, just wanted to make sure.... 

I'm out on Long Island, pretty lonely out here for 510's... but kinda like it that way. :)

I'll def hit you up if I get stuck or have any questions.. thanks again

Yeah it'll do.  All I did was slap on a 2860RS .86 a/r and it is a peppy little thing.  12 psi 240whp, 16 psi 269whp.  Stock ECU, MAF, FPR, and injectors, 3" exhaust.  Good for mid 12's in the 1/4.

I'm planning on running 12-14 psi. should be plenty! Thanks! 

thanks for the advice! I figured that it was, just wanted to make sure.... 

I'm out on Long Island, pretty lonely out here for 510's... but kinda like it that way. :)

I'll def hit you up if I get stuck or have any questions.. thanks again

Just for laughs, please tell me you're not in Hicksville!  For the rest of the world, that's a real city name on Long Island NY.

I'm doing a complete rebuild with all new parts, 2.2 stroker kit, forged internals, going for twincharged running a total of aroung 25psi in my 521, probably a bit much. Had a nearly stock redtop in my 96 240sx which weighed somewhere in the neighborhood of 2690ish pounds. Mods were fmic, boost controller, Splitfire ignition coils, 3in exhaust and everything was beautiful so agreed that a nearly stock sr20 will be awesome for these little Datsuns.

My SR 510 (when I had that car) ran 199whp only mods where required mods for a 510 and shimmed waist gate to up the boost.  I forget what it was at though, it's been so long.  It was a blast to drive!  Like any car, I would have liked a little more power :) 

My SR 510 (when I had that car) ran 199whp only mods where required mods for a 510 and shimmed waist gate to up the boost. I forget what it was at though, it's been so long. It was a blast to drive! Like any car, I would have liked a little more power :)

I'm thinking just getting her back on the road, put a year of miles on her, work out the bugs than worry about power. I'm sure it'll be great stock.

Thanks icehouse/armless, we all Can use more power...plus it'll give me an excuse to tear her apart when Its time to upgrade parts:).