the 33 years in a garage build

RTB

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

black actually with a chrome W in the middle. I just want to see what others would pay for wheels like this to see if i did well or not lol.

Any rash, bends, or chips in the lips? Any corrosion? Powdercoat or paint? I dont think Ive seen black caps... they may have been recoated for peeling chrome caps. That would help with a price on what I would pay. 

Ok I didn't do bad at all. I'm right in there.

Yeah its a mediocre size with a blah + offset and caps that need rechroming. But they dont come up for sale too often and its nice that you actually have caps. They are a vintage wheel and they are Works. So youre about that price.

• 1 month later...

Ok I need engine help again. I would really like to use a Z22 crank, a l20 block, and 6 inch rods in my set up. Are there any pistons that would work with that set up that I would not have to modify or cost +500 dollars? preferably around 87mm bore size.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone put BMW e36 seats in a 510? My seats are still in factory shape and I don't see the benefit of redoing them for 600 dollars each when I can buy almost new e36 seats for less than 400.

• 2 weeks later...

RTB I've looked into that LZ setup a lot. The best pistons I could find are skyhawk pistons. They still have to be milled but only somewhere around 0.5mm. They will then be flat tops so you would need to unshroud the valves if you're using a U67. With the right head work you could get the static 10.5:1 CR down to 9.5-9.7:1 or you could have the shop add a small dish in the top of each piston for the same results.

The skyhawk pistons have the same pin daimeter, 1.5, 1.5, 3mm ring sizes and just over 29mm pin height. Also, depending on the brand you purchase, most are hypereutetic and you can find any ring composition you want through a lot of american companies. Just something to think about.

Rex I've looked into that LZ setup a lot. The best pistons I could find are skyhawk pistons. They still have to be milled but only somewhere around 0.5mm. They will then be flat tops so you would need to unshroud the valves if you're using a U67. With the right head work you could get the static 10.5:1 CR down to 9.5-9.7:1 or you could have the shop add a small dish in the top of each piston for the same results.

The skyhawk pistons have the same pin daimeter, 1.5, 1.5, 3mm ring sizes and just over 29mm pin height. Also, depending on the brand you purchase, most are hypereutetic and you can find any ring composition you want through a lot of american companies. Just something to think about.

Actually I've found a 219 head so I'm going to use that with z22e pistons.

Ok so I think I've found the head I'm going to use. Trading my 4.625 diff for a ported 219 head with Japanese racing valve springs. Need to source some steel intake valve guides. I know you are all picture whores so here you go.

EUhasWs.jpg

31b0O8l.jpg

GzuWaLy.jpg

• Like 1

So weather has gotten better and starting with the assembly. Put in the side windows. This weekend putting in the slotted crossmember. Picked up some 15x6 Panasports for 200 bucks locally. Tires are way too big but I will make all my money back plus some on them. Sorry about potato quality

HkFZUex.jpg

aSFUIlv.jpg

• Like 2