Throwback Lil'Hustler

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AHHH  :lol:

Yeah I'll grab some when I get the truck back.  Its the same thing as mounting them on a 510 (couple writeups online).  You have to make the hole bigger to fit the bigger housing from the BMW lights, also have to trim all the original mounts off the headlight housing and some 'tabs' that stick out on them.  They don't even rattle or anything!

EDIT:

On my way to get the truck

• Like 1

Wasn't able to get a video of the truck running since I had a good size exhaust leak at the flange.  New *again* gasket but this time with some high temp sealer.  Hope it works out better then last time. I had to go back to the place that put the exhaust in because there was a leak in one of the welds.  Other then that it is nice and quiet.  Quiet?  Yes quiet.  I am not a big fan of loud exhaust.  I like to listen to others but when it comes to my truck I like peace and quiet  :D  2in pipe with resonator and turbo muffler.  No name brands.

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

Finished up the grill too.  When I was attaching the rings I totally bent on trying to get it off originally so it doesn't fit too well.  Will search for another one.  But I like how it turned out.  Also did something that some of you are going to FREAK about... no really.   :P   PlastiDipped the side emblems.. OH BOY

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

I know these are not probably going to be helpful Adam but here are the lights.

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

Don't mind the wire mess.. It will be sorted once I go HID

• Like 1

I get all my HID lights from DDM tuning. Check them out. They sell pretty good stuff

Alright I was planning on going threw them since they are affordable and seem to have a good track record.

Just walked out to my truck to find this.  Talk about LUCK  :angel:

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

The picker had been there for a long time.. guess it finally decided to fall but fall in the best possible way!!!  Finding a new spot for the picker now.  Thats just way too close  :sweat:

Had the weirdest thing happen to me yesterday night.  Was sitting at a light and all of a sudden my truck died..  No power to anything.  Not even my hazards would work.  I pushed started it, drove fine.  Stopped turned it off.  Then started back up.  A while down at another light same thing happened.  No power to anything.  Pushed it into a parking lot and jiggled the wires off the battery.  Everything works.  I knew I was getting close to needing a new ground cable and this is proving it.  

I made some new gaskets out of cork sheet for my carbs.  They had a little leak from carbs to manifold.  Really need to get me a wideband now so I can fully tune this.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I was planning on going threw them since they are affordable and seem to have a good

One thing about DDM is the stuff I've gotten from them does not have a cut-off line. It may be because I've put the bulbs in cars that don't come with HID's, I'm not sure. I've personally been very pleased with them though and they are very bright.

Yeah that was pretty damn close on that picker. I'm so glad it didn't hit your truck.

• 2 months later...

IM BACK!   :lol:

So the truck has been running amazing.  I drive in about 60 miles round trip to and back from school two days a week.  Not one problem so far. *knock knock*  One problem I have had was my hood..  I was adjusting my SUs and it was getting late.  Just put the hood down, didn't latch it.. (I know you can guess what happened next).  Woke up the next morning and took it for a spin around the block to see how it was running. Hood flew up  :blush:   Lucky I was in the neighborhood so it wasn't extreme.  Kinda bent it back to shape.  Pictures will be coming soon.

I was wondering were you've been.!!!!... glad to hear the trucks running good & strong. DUDE that hood was destined for destruction, first the near miss with the hoist & now this.... I've still got that primo hood, it's got a badass patina & it's red but you can have it for $40 if you want it.

I was wondering were you've been.!!!!... glad to hear the trucks running good & strong. DUDE that hood was destined for destruction, first the near miss with the hoist & now this.... I've still got that primo hood, it's got a badass patina & it's red but you can have it for $40 if you want it.

RIGHT.  The datto gods didn't want that hood to survive anymore.   :(   Yeah I have been busy with school.  Quiet my job to go back to school full time, which means no datto money  :crying: .

PM me a picture when you got a chance.  I may buy it but as of now I am fine with the one I have.  Its not 'too' bad.  If I do we can do the transaction at the datsloco swapmeet and car show in may, if you are going to be there..

Today I had to tighten my steering box, the play in the wheel had gotten bad.  Going over the altamont was making for a fun drive  :rofl:   I have a spare from the '73 that was pretty tight so I will be swapping them over sometime.  

• 2 weeks later...

Today I felt like doing a little work on the truck.  Going to roll with this for a while and see how I like it.

IMG_1274.jpg

I put some foam behind it so shit won't get into the engine bay.  I just have it smashed between the bucket and mount so we will see how long it lasts.

IMG_1275.jpg

Also here are some pictures of the hood.  It looks worse in person..

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg