Throwback Lil'Hustler

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So nice.

So for the pathfinder axle swap, I remember reading about people thinking of doing it but nobody has or detailed about it.  I know you can do the suzuki axle swap pretty easy.  On the pathfinder axle you would have to get rid of all the coilover mounts and what not I am sure.

I am dieing to go and look at some rear ends now...

I've just started to dabble with it over the last couple of months ......... yes the coilover perches & trailing arm crap will need to be removed (easy stuff) & leaf spring pads welded on (again easy)     

My big hold up other than liquid cash.... is..... if I'm gonna go thru all that "trouble" I might as well remove the leaf springs & link the rear.... then comes the issue of the gas tank location, frame notch etc .... its just a snowball effect..... None of it is terribly hard & I'm by no means pioneering new ground ..... it's more the issue that my Datsun is my DD & I tend to do crap that can be done a weekend at a time.

BUT when I do it, I will document it.

So for the pathfinder axle swap, I remember reading about people thinking of doing it but nobody has or detailed about it.  I know you can do the suzuki axle swap pretty easy.  On the pathfinder axle you would have to get rid of all the coilover mounts and what not I am sure.

I am dieing to go and look at some rear ends now...

I feel you there.  I will start something or think of it and be like while I am there might as well do... you get the picture.

Next time I am at PnP I am going to check out some and see what they have.  I am sure the drive shaft is going to have to be modified as well.  But for the axle itself that is all easy stuff.

I did a rough measurement and am getting an inch on each side up front compared to the back.  Now this was off the treads on the tires not the mounting surface because I am too lazy to take the wheels off but still...  that's a total of two inches wider up front.  So the pathfinder axle will just be a rough 1/4 inch wider compared to the front.  Not to shabby!  Now I got to see what my diff options are for years and how to mount it up and what driveline would be needed...  Might end up being more than I would like to spend.  But its worth looking into right!?

My main goal is to get a LSD in doing this.

Picked up two grills today.  Reason for two is to make one complete one.  Both had some cracks so I picked the best out of the two and did some JB weldin' to it.  Each had two chrome beauty rings so I have a complete set.  Debating on what color I should do...  I am going to be painting the grill black.  Pictures will be up tomorrow as its too cold outside now to grab some haha.  Also did a little refurbish to the emblem with some sharpe  :thumbup:

Still looking for a center console.. been hating myself for selling the one I had.  Also a bezel with a delete plate where the radio goes.

Adam those as SICK!  Is your grill black?

I am thinking of going a black grill with bronze rings.  Same color as my bumper, wheels, and windshield wipers.

There is a difference?  I didn't even look to see..  I think i am going to have one that is a double then.. Fack

Okay the drivers and passengers side are different shaped.  Then the mounting spots to the grill are different (the little pins).  I am just going to break them off and move them then whalla!  Will work.

Here is what I got done today.. I can dig it.  The rings are the same color as my bumper.

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg[/url]

IMG_1058.jpg