ROTTEN RED

So, a week or so ago I saw that pumpkin dave had his 510 goon up for sale at closeout prices. I called my brother up, wired the cash, and a day later this poor guy was sitting in my brother's driveway needing love, and the Pumkin was back in the rightful hands of it's creator. Big thanks to Pumkn210, Eagle_Adam and Redbanner for helping Zach (ftlallday) to get this for me.

Zach headed up to the 'Couve to pick up the Pumkin from Eagle_Adam and Redbanner as an offering to the dave.

FTL_3892_zps07815b2c.jpg

Then it was off to Seattle or wherever to make the trade.

FTL_3900_zpsb094945c.jpg

A few hours later and she was home and happy. Oics now.

FTL_3904_zpse1263082.jpgFTL_3905_zps37da50d2.jpgFTL_3908_zps74207441.jpgFTL_3909_zps2ac60926.jpgFTL_3912_zps98933a8a.jpgFTL_3913_zps81f5ced6.jpgFTL_3914_zpsf952a076.jpg

Supreme dash

FTL_3917_zps0d99c970.jpgFTL_3959_zpsf33700dd.jpgFTL_3951_zps05639dd3.jpgFTL_3941_zpsbc30b257.jpg

So, l16, 4 speed, paint code 814 (Mexican Red) and running as soon as I get back to Oregon in a few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC there was just an issue with the spark.  Probably a very easy fix, nice score man!

Thanks!

Yeah, but there was also a bunch of mud in the carb, I guess. haha I've got a weber and adapter that I'll throw on and have it running in no time. Already got a coil and dizzy. Working on getting brake parts gathered up then she'll be ripe for Canby.

Word, gotta do brakes on my car(s) too.  My wagon auto trans just shat out so I gotta do a trans swap soon.  only 38 days to go, better get on it quick!

Quit my job in Alabama Monday, gonna hit the road this weekend/early next week. haha If nothing else I'm pulling the damn thing behind my 210 by a chain.

Quit my job in Alabama Monday, gonna hit the road this weekend/early next week. haha If nothing else I'm pulling the damn thing behind my 210 by a chain.

Also, I feel your transmission pain. The 4spd in my 210 is about to take a shit. Just gotta have it get me to oregon.

I know, right. I never feel like posting updates unless there are oics to accompany them.

Anyways,

Got it running for a minute yesterday with the muddy old carburetor. Gotta get some studs that work with my weber adapter so I can throw that puppy on there. Once I get the fuel issues straightened out, I've just gotta get a brake master and some tires and it will be road worthy.

WOOOOT.

We went and picked up some legit 69 fenders and a hood for the 69 4dr Tuesday evening from Draker. Got some metal hatch vents for the goon as well. It's gonna be a good week.

So, I've got the brakes working, the clutch working, the car starting, and some of the lights working... But now I've gotta figure out how to fix all the door latches. Only the passenger door latches, and the driver door latch doesn't even get close to working. But the hatch latch works now! :w00t: