Pic's of your Z

LAYEDOUTB2K

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are both my z's, 76 280z maroon/73 240z white, just joined,up, not sure if there's an introduction area, but yeah I got the 240z for free with some old mags and practically new tires, it had a 5sp swapped into it, ended up having to put 280z tail lights in it too, actually just found a 20 year old condom in the maroon one, which is the only one running right now.

Here's a shot from a 24 Hours of LeMons race at Nelson Ledges in 2009.

DSC_3532c2.jpg

And here's a shot of me taking the checkers after the longest endurance race ever. ChumpCar World Series 25:25:25 at Nelson Ledges in 2011 - That's 25 hours, 25 minutes, and 25 seconds. We finished in 35th place out of 75 teams and we completed 700 laps for 1,400 miles in one race. The 38 year old 260 that I bought for $350 did pretty well.

PA091417.jpg

Hmmm nice exhaust setup, any specific reason you put the sr in instead of the v8?

Thanks, dual Apex N1's for the exhaust...I got burned big time (about 8k's worth) from a local shop, which was 90% of my budget when I decided to take it to a shop to finish it. Luckily, Vildini motorsports took over the project, in trade for the LS1 (now in their 350z Drift car), swapped in the Autech SR20 which they had on hand. In the long run worked out better for me, I'm not an experienced driver and an over 400hp LS1 in a 240z isn't the way to learn. Living by the motto of its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow...Though the SR20DE is more than powerful than my needs right now. Should be getting paint shortly...er...hopefully.