Looking for friendly Datsun folks on West Coast (CA and OR)

Hi I'm Will.

I like playing the piano, movies snuggling up infront of a DVD, oh wait, wrong website.

willcanter.jpg

I'm obscessed with old Datsuns :) I don't travel to USA very often but I want to buy another Datsun, either in Oregon or California. Although I have dealt with some of you Ratsunners on here with great success buying parts , finding parts here in England and sending them to USA, and even buying one or two whole pickup trucks in USA (Thank's Farmer and Lonnibob)

HOWEVER .. trying to communicate with some of the people I find on on craigslist and Ebay is rather.... challenging. Everyone thinks some crazy guy ringing up from England must me some kind of timewaster or fraudster. Its a shame because I want to try and save some of these old vehicles and they are getting scrapped because they need too much work for most people.

This is where you can help . I need reliable guys who I can ask to go check out a vehicle for me, report back on condition, and maybe put down a holding deposit for me. I will gladly reimburse you for your time, gas, and hamburgers :)

A 510 nut would be ideal because I don't really buy those, and I don't want you to turn up and want the car for yourself instead :)  Its mostly 520,521 and 620 trucks I like :) Occasionally even some other vehicles like Ford Mopar, and GM. I've owned a '69 Fury for the last 10 years.

If you would like to be in my little black book of people I can send out on a little mission for me , email me with whereabouts you are, what your Ratsun name is , a phone number and what your credentials are, like do you have a shop, or maybe a trailer, or maybe you work at a paint shop and know what you are looking at when looking at potential project cars, sussing out the bondo buggys from the nice solid bases for resto. Oh and tell me your hourly rate! 

Got a guy near Portland looking out for a Datsun for me but he has his hands very full with life at the moment so another person around there would be a great help!

you must be TRUSTWORTHY and RELIABLE.

Genuine request from a fellow Datsun guy.

email me      parts AT datman.co.uk    skype:  willdatsun  home phone: +44 1342 321000

Thanks for reading !

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join us at Canby, You will meet all the people you will ever ned to know. PERIOD

yup!

I wish I could help you out. But I don't have a lot of time either. If something was in Eugene I could scope it out. I don't have a truck or trailer or anything like that though..

If you're looking for stuff farther East, I can help with Spokane area Datsuns.  I'm fairly busy, but can still make time if need be.  I have a good buddy who is a bodyman too.  Of course, everything that's not perfect looks like crap in his eyes. ;)

I can help you out.  Sent you an email.  I'm in NorCal (not Sacramento like Skib) :P

I've helped out a few guys on here locate, report on, and actually buy 510's when they weren't nearby enough to go see them in person themselves. 

• 2 weeks later...

okay, asked a 3 people now about 3 different vehicles over the last 10 days or so and so far nothing has happened :( Is anyone actually able to help here, not just say they will?

Chap sending me pics of a truck he has hopefully, sounds like he's pretty busy but fingers crossed!

Found another vehicle in sacramento, is anyone up for going to check that out for me? theres no email addy on the ad , only phone number.

Thanks Laotsu, unfortunalty I've had no luck with that guy at all! Won't deal with me because I'm not a local I guess. Hence needing someone to go there. Not the first time I've come accross people like that unfortunately. I think scammers ruin it for the rest of us.

• 2 weeks later...