Stereo Speakers in 620

Bugeye

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just looking to put something in with out major mods, the problem i have right now with the speakers i have is the magnets are too deep, they hit the body and stick the speaker waaaay out, so even with spacers they would get in the way

what the hell you trying to put in there? 10s? 12s?? 15s???

no, :fu:, these jensons

dattostereo002.jpg

dattostereo001.jpg

dattostereo003.jpg

Mated with my old Kenwood tape deck, theres a story behind the raido

dattostereo004.jpg

I am going to mount these speakers into the console I get from pick and pull later today, I am just looking for something that will fit in the kick panels now, same diameter, just not as deep

I had a 1 inch spacer ring that held the 6x9's. For those the magnet was just a little to large around and I trimmed some sheetmetal from the truck.

Your 6 inch round should be fine with a plastic spacer ring.

For the stock look, get some 4" speakers

I had a 1 inch spacer ring that held the 6x9's. For those the magnet was just a little to large around and I trimmed some sheetmetal from the truck.

Your 6 inch round should be fine with a plastic spacer ring.

For the stock look, get some 4" speakers

Thanks Bleach:thumbsup:

Kenwood 6.5" speakers from BestBuy screw rite into the stock holes. Good sound too. 5-1/4" will fit in as well. If you want really stock then you can get some good 4" speakers and screw them into the back of the stock plastic grilles and them screw them into the stock kick panel hole. Nice and clean and stock. Of course you need to have 2 of the stock grilles. I also take 6x9 boxes and cut them down as short as possible (depth wise) and then put them behind the seat for some added bass.

620mods004.jpg[/img]

Put shag carpeting on the kick panels and mount the speakers with a spacer! It not only will look vintage, but You can "cheat" to get another inch of room!!!! "Ya gotta' love SHAG!!!

does autoreverse mean you can put the face plate on ether way:lol:come on are you gonna tell us the story or not.

ok i'll tell the story, that raido has been in every car I have owned, it started its life when my grandpa bought it to put into an 82 vw rabbit diesel, I bought the car from him, it then went into my 88 plymouth reliant, from the reliant to the truck, from the truck when I joined the navy to the shelf in the garage (parents said they were gonna sell truck) and now back from shelf to the truck...it works great and it fits the look i am going for on the truck....kind of a boring story, but since my grandpa bought it and put it in my first car it has a lot of meaning for me

ok i'll tell the story, that raido has been in every car I have owned, it started its life when my grandpa bought it to put into an 82 vw rabbit diesel, I bought the car from him, it then went into my 88 plymouth reliant, from the reliant to the truck, from the truck when I joined the navy to the shelf in the garage (parents said they were gonna sell truck) and now back from shelf to the truck...it works great and it fits the look i am going for on the truck....kind of a boring story, but since my grandpa bought it and put it in my first car it has a lot of meaning for me

theres a story behind the Sony i have in my 620 as well. kinda the same deal but i bought the thing used from my neighbor who had it in his S10 for 3 weeks. since then its been in my wifes comet, my power wagon, and a couple others to become in my 620. works good just need knobs for it..

This one has a story too:

520dash01.JPG

This JVC in my 520 was in my '78 510 Hatchback before that, and my Dad's '83 B150 Van before that- he bought it in 1989 or 1990 to replace the "dead" Grundig he got in 1984 (as a replacement for the identical Grundig that was stolen). Interestingly enough, the Grundig which wouldn't work in the Van after 1989 worked fine in my Mom's '73 620, and it's still in there. The van may be 10 years gone, but 2 of its radios are in Datsun trucks today.

3-hole radios RULE! I have an identical JVC to the one in my 520 in my '78 4X4 (came with the truck). Other than the backlighting having gone dead, they work fine. And I can fix the backlighting if I feel like pulling the deck out and soldering a bunch of mini 12v lights in.

I have a junkyard Clarion digital tape deck in my '72 510 that I found on the floor of a 620 in Pull-a-Part (the one I got the stock 620 buckets for my 4X4 from).

Of course, my DD has the stock, original AM radio with single kickpanel speaker. There's a Radio Shack tape deck in the console, but I've never hooked the wires up (it came with the console).