Gold valve cover at Ratsun price?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude im tellin you i already looked into this. like you said, yellow paint looks hideous.

"Gold" anodizing is also ugly (seen that too.)

brass plating is the way to go.

or dont do it so i can be the only ratsun'er that i know of thats doin it :)

normal gold anodizing wouldn't be too bad. unfortunately valve covers are cast, and for some reason cast aluminum anything looks like shit when it gets ano'd. doesn't matter what color you do it.  http://www.superiormetalfinishing.com/ give these guys a call, no idea on price, but I know they do a helluva job.

dude's,chill. I will be calling around a few places Monday to see what I can come up with on the brass.

When you open a public thread, lots of people will give you their opinions to your question. Sometimes long after you ask it... 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

When you open a public thread, lots of people will give you their opinions to your question. Sometimes long after you ask it... And it may not be the opinion you wish for

bro, if what people say riles you up, you just gotta tune em out.

some people do it JUST to spin you up/ to get a reaction out of you :D

Tristin is especially like this.

they dont mean anything by it, theyre just fuckin with you

Guest 510kamikazifreak

they dont mean anything by it, theyre just fuckin with you

This statement reminds me of this movie :rofl:  Candycane you out there

tumblr_m8xem2tHNv1qdoy3ao1_500.gif

ehh I could accomplish something similar on my own. I def want the shiny plated look.

Hmmmm, I'll join in now.

Seriously, you post asking for options for your valve cover finish, then appear to dismiss the work of a guy who does good quality work?

I used some gold spray paint out of a rattle can and it looked like this:8644149688_8622fcfcd2_b.jpgI don't think it was Krylon, but the cap looked like this:8643054067_4ec2d41cd8_o.jpg

Hi Indy, any chance you could tell me how you got the black stars to come out so well :)

honestly alot of what im doing on here is  stirring the pot to get a rise out of ya'll, and to introduce myself in an unusual way. it appears to be working. ha ha.

Yes, and no one likes your introduction. Its a pretty good feat that you have 100 posts and people already dont care for what you have to say. 

• Like 1

honestly alot of what im doing on here is  stirring the pot to get a rise out of ya'll, and to introduce myself in an unusual way. it appears to be working. ha ha.

leahy_zps442ff2ac.jpg

I think we got a shit chef here.