Barn Find!

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Classic car refinishers in Rialto. he's a buddy of mine and does some pretty bitchin work! BUt that $1500 was a guess on my part for the paint / body.I may be WAY off here.

I am thinking you are way off too..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I dont even think the basic Maaco jobs are that cheap these days. If its in such nice condition as explained, I wouldnt even paint it. 

I know this, this is why the comment

And no it shouldnt but could ...

Guest 510kamikazifreak

All of a sudden its like a sausage fest....

Come one show us you sausage.

Dont give Izzo no Ideas..

He already is obsessed with flying ones

I dont even think the basic Maaco jobs are that cheap these days. If its in such nice condition as explained, I wouldnt even paint it. 

I painted this Camaro last month. The paint materials alone were almost $2000. 

326071ef13677.jpg

Reminds me of this. One post, no pics, never happened.

Hi everyone. My grandfather used to own a Datsun dealership. He passed a way a little while ago and left me his 1972 4 door, automatic transmission 510. This is an incredible car. He only drove it once a year to keep it running but other than that he didn't touch it. It has less than 70 miles on it, still has the factory plastic on the seats and door panels. It even has all the stock hub caps, original paper work and other accessories in the trunk. He did live by the water so there is some rust and the paint is faded a bit. With a little work a good paint job it could really be just like new though.

I wasn't quite sure what to do with it. I'd almost feel bad driving the thing but I don't want it just to sit either. Then something unexpected happened. Some random guy saw it at the estate sale and he wants it badly. He is offering $20,000. Selling it never really crossed my mind and I've always wanted a classic Datsun to fix up. That being said, $20k is a lot of money and could make a major difference in my family's finances (medical bills etc.). I could even take part of the money and buy another Datsun and customize it exactly how I want it.

On the other hand, this is a very special car that my grandpa left to me. As you probably can tell I am very conflicted. Does anyone have any idea about the approximate value of a car like this? I wouldn't be surprised if it was the only one of it's kind so how do you put a price on it?

On a side note, he also left my dad a 10th anniversary, gold & black Z. Very cool car. So we would still have at least one of the cars from his lot still in the family.

I will post some pictures if I can figure out how to do it on this sight.

Any opinions or knowledge would be appreciated. Thanks.